Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 One Day With President Bush >

One Day With President Bush

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

One Day With President Bush

Old 02-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default One Day With President Bush

I just finished watching the C-SPAN interview with president Bush, and was reminded of how I kind of like the man. I got to thinking about what I would do if I had a day to spend with the president. I think it would be great to have a strong discussion with him and express my personal beliefs and opinions, and hear what his thoughts are on my concerns. I would praise his decisions on energy policies, and question him on what the basis of his decision to go to war with Iraq was. I say this because in the interview he said some things that counterdicted past statments, such as success in Iraq can't be defined. This suggests to me that there was not a strong enough plan in place when this war was started. He stated on the subject of Iran that diplomacy is the strongest form of change in Iran, and that millitary force is a last resort, therefore I would question what strong diplomatic measures were taken in Iraq before "Shock and Awe". Just wondering what some of you would do if you had a chance to talk with the president.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: One Day With President Bush

I'd spend at least an hour trying to teach him that it's New-Clee-Er, not New-Cue-Ler. Then I'd try to get a lease for hunting deer at the Crawford Ranch.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:29 AM

You know, while I'm not a huge fan of Bush, I don't hate him and I really don't think that he's an idiot. I do think that he is out of touch with the American public, but he's not stupid.I've also read reports that say he is a different man when he's not addressing the nation. He's just not a fantastic public speaker so people call him stupid, it's kind of sad.

I would personally rather have a president that has good policies and can't speak well (not referring to Bush) then have a president that is smooth as hell and has aweful policies....
Old 02-15-2007, 07:32 AM

I would like to drink some shine with him and then fly around on AirForce 1
Old 02-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been turned into a Bush-bashing thread by our friends from the left. I'm sure it won't take long.

I've always thought that Bush would be a president who would be personable and more conversational than most in a one-on-one setting. So I'd welcome the opportunity to chat with him. Above all, I'd let him know that I appreciate him refusing to compromise his faith in God in the way it affects day-to-day decisions and that I appreciate the way he has conducted the business of the Oval Office with a moral dignity that was sorely missing during the previous administration. I'd also let him know that his stance on illegal immigration and especially on environmental issues sucks.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Sureisaniceskimask
I would personally rather have a president that has good policies and can't speak well (not referring to Bush) then have a president that is smooth as hell and has aweful policies....
So, you're not a Clinton fan then?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: BenGarrett

I'd also let him know that his stance on illegal immigration and especially on environmental issues sucks.
Ya, that too! This whole immigration thing is a joke...