Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

[Deleted]

Old 01-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Racism

You know, when a young black youth pulls up beside me at Walmart with his rap music blaring and gets out with his pants hanging down around the bottom of his ass somewhere I have a real hard time not stereotyping him.

Same thing when Im stuck in line behind a family of Mexicans that dont speak English and the cashier has no idea what the hell they want and the lines getting longer and my ice creams melting in the cart.

On the other hand Ive had several black friends, mexican friends, coworkers etc... that I never really gave much thought to thier being a different race.Wonder if I could be viewed as racist for the thoughts that sometimes run through my head[:-]
Old 01-26-2007, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: North Texan

Racism is based on ignorance. People who have little or no experience with other people they perceive as different base their perception on stereotype. Stereotypes are much easier to form when they are based on physical differences, because physical differences can be instantly recognized.

People are racist because they just simply don't know any better. Some are sooner or later educated, and some refuse to be educated.
With all do respect...you are so wrong.

...Deleted by calHunter...
Old 01-26-2007, 02:21 PM

Racism is based on ignorance. People who have little or no experience with other people they perceive as different base their perception on stereotype. Stereotypes are much easier to form when they are based on physical differences, because physical differences can be instantly recognized.

People are racist because they just simply don't know any better. Some are sooner or later educated, and some refuse to be educated.
Another thing...stereotypes are based on the actions of the people!...not physical differences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: CervidSlayer

Let me get and gimmie.. Where is my free sh!t?

Another thing...stereotypes are based on the actions of the people!...not physical differences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:41 PM

screwed that up. Gimmie my free sh!t ! Let me get and gimmie.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:19 PM

Do you guys consider Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson racists?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

See,,,,,,,,, there's these people who are racist and stuff.
*vc's eye glaze over at the thought of any attempt at discussing NASCAR on an intellectual level.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

You know, when a young black youth pulls up beside me at Walmart with his rap music blaring and gets out with his pants hanging down around the bottom of his ass somewhere I have a real hard time not stereotyping him.

Same thing when Im stuck in line behind a family of Mexicans that dont speak English and the cashier has no idea what the hell they want and the lines getting longer and my ice creams melting in the cart.

On the other hand Ive had several black friends, mexican friends, coworkers etc... that I never really gave much thought to thier being a different race.Wonder if I could be viewed as racist for the thoughts that sometimes run through my head[:-]

TY PETASUX

This is the same whay I am. But I the bad guy for asking them to turn the music down so I can talk 100 foot or more away.The same gose for calling a buisnes. If the operator can not understand me than I ask for a new operator or the manigment. Than I am the bad guy. If there job is to fix problems over the phone they should under stand me.

My spelling sucks gess some mite say I should not typ on here.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:13 PM

My spelling sucks gess some mite say I should not typ on here
Yeah, sorry ELKINMTCWB, you're going to have to sign off.

This is a Spell-Correctly Forum Only, and everyone who is not "Spell-Correctly" is not allowed.

We're Racist against you lesser "Misspellers".You don'tdeserve to be here.

LOL. Joking of course, just trying to add a little humor...

No one cares if you misspell something, just like no one should care what color you are.

Most of the time I'm white, but during the summer I get really brown. Then when I'm mad I turn red. When I cleaned out the chimney last fall I was black. One time in 8th grade I tried smoking a cigarette and I turned GREEN!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I believe that racism is (at least predominately) evolutionary in nature, and as such, will be almost impossible to eliminate now or at any time in the near future. Over the course of history, people have found more comfort and security within their own ethnic and cultural populations, and gained more for themselves by dehumanizing those on the outside. I feel that this is a legacy that will remain for many, many generations to come.

We can use our intellects to overcome our limited perspectives, but our instincts are an entirely different story. Some people (I'm sure each of us know one) areracists to the core, and don't seem to be able to control it.

It's also interesting to note that humans tend to categorize everything around them (in addition to themselves). This may very well be a method of making sense out of a confusing and potentially overwhelming environment, and is likely part of the issue of racism.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.