Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Buster, you will get a kick out of this one.  No smoking at home >

Buster, you will get a kick out of this one. No smoking at home

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Buster, you will get a kick out of this one. No smoking at home

Old 12-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Buster, you will get a kick out of this one. No smoking at home

Scotts fertilizer company requires employees to not smoke. One employee was fired for showing up positive for nicotine on a drug test. They are demanding this because of insurance reasons. What do you all think about this. No smoking, not even at home. Here is an article.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1537947/posts
Old 12-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buster, you will get a kick out of this one. No smoking at home

i think some people need to get a life. what people do behind the doors of their home, as long as it's not deemed illegal, is their business...not their employers. if their employers want to try and play "God", i think ALL of their employees should quit and walk out.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:38 PM

That, IMHO, is an invasion of not only privacy, but invasion of sombody's personal life, who cares what they do at home? As long as it doesn't affect the working enviroment, who cares?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

so are you allowed to smoke if your not on their insurance policy and still work there?
[align=center] [/align]
Old 12-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111

That, IMHO, is an invasion of not only privacy, but invasion of sombody's personal life, who cares what they do at home? As long as it doesn't affect the working enviroment, who cares?
It affectsthe company's insurance rates and productivity. I thought this was generally a free market economy. If a company doesn't want to hire people who smoke in order to improve it's bottom line, why is that wrong? How is it an invasion of privacy? Is "smoker" now some sort of protected class like race or sex? Why should companies have to kowtow to smoker's addictions? How many "smoke breaks" do you guys think you deserve in a day?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:32 PM

I guess since I am a smoker, I have a different opinion about this then some of you.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

The smoking law just passed here in Ohio has an interesting effect. The law was designed to protect workers from second hand smoke in the workplace. Well, in a few days, it will be illegal fortruck drivers (even if they're alone)to smoke in their trucks, if they don't own the truck they are driving. That's about 85% of truck drivers, from what I've heard.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:23 PM

A law was passed here in Louisville that bans anyone from smoking in a public restaraunt. They are now moving towards anywhere, ( bars, bingo halls, stores, etc) The only place in public that smokers will be allowed to smoke inside will be Churchill Downs.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111

It affectsthe company's insurance rates and productivity. I thought this was generally a free market economy. If a company doesn't want to hire people who smoke in order to improve it's bottom line, why is that wrong? How is it an invasion of privacy? Is "smoker" now some sort of protected class like race or sex? Why should companies have to kowtow to smoker's addictions? How many "smoke breaks" do you guys think you deserve in a day?
it's because the idiots in mangement are too dumb to realize that health insurance is going up every year reguardless of smokers. it's all about everyone wanting to make money. ANY and ALL insurance companies are rip offs and should be regulated on what they can charge. this goes for health, home, auto, boat, motorcycle, etc. insurance companies. i'm all about being able to make money but when your home is destroyed by a hurricane and your insurance company that you have been paying for the last 20 years, gives you a check for only 1/32 of the damage to your home AND THEN drops your coverage all together.....something needs to be done. they are all CROOKS and want to collect the money while they can but want to drop you and claim bankrupt when they are suppose to pay. why is it that this is legal? we are required by law to have home owners insurance but are now forced to buy insurance from our state at 10 times the normal rate because every insurance company is no longer insuring homes in this state. sorry for the rant but medical insurance is the same way.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is not constitutional. It's being challenged in courts and I suspect it will be ruled as such.

Stupid thing is, that smoking is not the biggest worry for insurance costs. Eating fast food more than once a week is worse than smoking. Driving a car kills plenty of people. Lack of excercise. Drinking. Drugs. Democrats.

All just as dangerous as smoking.

Quick Reply: Buster, you will get a kick out of this one. No smoking at home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.