Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Marines will not except religious toys. >

Marines will not except religious toys.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Marines will not except religious toys.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Marines will not except religious toys.

Charlie,

What does he say when you pull the string? How about, "Go ahead Judas, make my day."
Old 11-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

For all you "free thinkers", My daughters are getting one. Funny how a secular person will get bent out of shape when a Christian talks to them about Christ, and spew rhetoric about the uppity Christian know it alls, yet do not show any reservation in bashing a Christians point of view. Even taking cheap shots at the mentality of Christians. Sad indeed.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Who are you accusing of doing that AM?
Old 11-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agnostic here. I do believe.

Just write on the package what the gift is and the parents can choose that toy if they would like to give it to there child. Simple.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BillyMack

I hope and pray that my son WOULD be more excited over a talking Jesus doll that quotes scriptures than a GI Joe!
Good luck with that...
Old 11-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-16-2006, 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

ORIGINAL: BillyMack

I hope and pray that my son WOULD be more excited over a talking Jesus doll that quotes scriptures than a GI Joe!
Good luck with that...
I know what you're saying. It is kinda far fetched. But, not really. That weight is on my shoulders. It's gonna be my responsibility to point him in the right way. But, boys will be boys so we'll see.....

Ifferd,

I kinda agree w/you here. Except the Marines are an American force. And atleast at one time, (America) was thought of as a Christian nation. Now, IMO we're just a nation w/Christians. Why would it be wrong for an Americanforce to promote if you will Christian influence?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Iffred

Thats not quite my gripe. My concern is that the Toys for Tots was founded on Christian values, yet they are moving away from them to appease others. Its charity, if they are offended, they dont need to accept the gift. As for the Free Thinkers comment, I was refering to how some make fun of a toy with a religious base. Agian, if the gift offends, dont except it. If a kid gripes because a charity gave him a Jesus doll instead of a J.I. Joe, well I guess thats the parents fault, not a charity that is Giveing something away for free. Its called Charity. This country needs to get this notion of entitlement out of their head. We are entitled to two things, taxes and death. If I want to give a person something, and they find it offensive, im not entitled to change my gift. They are entitled to refuse it. Plain and simple. Like I said in my original post, at first I understood till I started thinking of it in terms of a Charity based on Christian beliefs giving toys for a Chritian holiday. They dont say the gifts are for the holiday season, they say for Christmas.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree with the reason for them being refused. Its really not a big issue, but an issue non the less.

Quick Reply: Marines will not except religious toys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.