Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 You think this is a good idea? >

You think this is a good idea?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

You think this is a good idea?

Old 10-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default You think this is a good idea?

Students taught how to fight back if school shooter attacks

if (document.layers) {document.write(''); document.close();}
coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');

[/align][/align]

BURLESON, Texas Freshmen at Burleson High School near Fort Worth area getting lessons on such skills as how to stop a gunshot wound from bleeding.
That'd part of emergency response training given to students and teachers in the Burleson Independent School District, about 13 miles south of Fort Worth.

The district calls it "critical incident response training." Its origins can be traced in a direct line from Colorado's Columbine High School in 1999 to the October Second shootings at a Pennsylvania Amish schoolhouse.

The safety lessons include information about fire drills and tornado warnings, but the main focus is what to do when a gunman enters a classroom. Among the lessons: Use a belt as a sling for broken bones, shoelaces make good tourniquets, and most important of all, don't comply with a gunman's orders.

The school district of about 85-hundred students recently got a 95-thousand-dollar federal grant from the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools. District officials say about 12 percent will go to student training, with the rest going to buy such equipment as defibrillators.

Seven other Texas schools districts received similar grants: Aransas County, Alvarado, Angleton, Conroe, Karnes City, Castleberry and Houston[/align]
Old 10-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-11-2006, 06:05 PM

Default RE: You think this is a good idea?

yupp, good idea. Theres no such thing as being over-prepared

-Travis-
Old 10-11-2006, 08:03 PM

Agreed!

Hopefully they'd never need to use it, but it would be a GREAT thing to know anyway. I was CPR certified in school.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good to me,

Texas Freshmen at Burleson High School near Fort Worth area getting lessons on such skills as how to stop a gunshot wound from bleeding
Use a belt as a sling for broken bones, shoelaces make good tourniquets, and most important of all, don't comply with a gunman's orders.
I cant really see nothing wrong with teaching them most of these things, emergency situations come up in a lot of places besides in school and knowing a little first aid could come in handy for the rest of thier lives.I kinda wish theyd cover this stuff in more schools.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:42 AM

I think it's sad that, as a society, we have come to this point in the last 25 years[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]

Butpreparing for the unthinkable is a wise move.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

VERY GOOD IDEA. Send the intruder out in a body bag. OR a bucket.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

The problem is the kids nor the teachers will be armed.They want them to throw books at the attacker and then all try and subdue them.

Another thing I question is how much training will they recieve to get them to aoutomatically act as one.

The video they show on Fox was of a bunch of maybe 5th graders overpowering an adult with a gun.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fighting back is a little harder when he has a gun and you don't.

How about giving them all a text book that has been strategically cut out to hold, say..............a Glock?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Id rather see our kids and teachers fight back and some survive, than to be lined up along the chalk board, be raped then killed.

Quick Reply: You think this is a good idea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.