Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Supra-government and Supra-religion >

Supra-government and Supra-religion

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Supra-government and Supra-religion

Old 09-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Supra-government and Supra-religion

Supra-government - what is it?

A supra-government is above or over those governments subservient to it where a ruling authority independent of those served by the supra-system determines policy. Policymaking is based solely upon the goals of the ruling authority rather than those represented by the supra-system. In this type of system there are few, if any, checks and balances to restrain the power or direction of the ruling authority – they decide what is best for those subservient to it.

Which will be linked to a supra-religion:

A supra-religion is run, or governed in the same way – that is to say the ruling authority is above the subservient religions basing all of their decisions and policies to favor the “good” of the supra-religion’s goals. As with the supra-government, the ruling authority does not take the beliefs or wishes of the subservient religions into consideration. The ruling-authority of a supra-religion is not a religion or faith at all but rather governs the entity as a single belief system. The key to a supra-religion is the idea that it does not replace or eliminate an existing religion, but rather controls and links the subordinate religions into a united body while allowing them to continue to maintain their own identities and systems of worship as long as in doing so they do not conflict with the supra-religion’s purposes.

Both supra-religion and a supra-government share the same common goal – to prevent conflict and bring “peace and harmony” to the world. Both are cloaked in deceit.

Examples:

According to the book of Revelations, an alliance between supra-government and supra-religion will take place. We can see the signs of this happening all around us with both entities. Last month the Pope hurled what some considered “fighting words” by simply reading historical documents at a speech upsetting a number of religions, particularly Muslim. Yesterday he offered an apology and stated that Catholics and Muslims must unite and get along being ecumenical in nature. I believe his actions were very calculated from the start.

Another clue we can clearly see is taken from what is happening in Europe with the decline in church attendance. Even the EU Constitution has no reference to God. On the other end of that spectrum we have millions of people flocking to Fatima, Portugal each year to worship at its worldwide ecumenical venue. What was once a Roman Catholic shrine has opened its doors to the multi-faith movement where Buddhism, Islam, Christianity and Pagan religions can all be one big happy family. Why is attendance there so high?

On the supra-government side we have the lovely European Union where the ruling authority over the current 25 nations can be seen as being above and more importantly independent of all subservient national governments. This supra-government bases all its decisions and policies to favor their own goals with little consideration for any individual subservient nation’s needs.

Are we witnessing the rebuilding of the Roman Empire? How does all this play into today’s current headlines?

More to come…

Your thoughts?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Supra-government and Supra-religion

Your thoughts?

Thank God For the second Amendment!!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Interesting definition for Islam.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

Your thoughts?

Thank God For the second Amendment!!
10-4
Old 09-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd love for an Islamic cleric dude to pull my finger just once, just to see his reaction...
Old 09-28-2006, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

This too deep for this venue?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I emailed Homer Simpson on this one and he hasn't gotten back to me yet.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

badshotbob, there are too many fundamental differences between Islam and Christianity for there ever to be a merger of sorts.

As far as democratic governments go, the people will elect who they elect...snow job by leaders, maybe, but the bad ones can get taken out.

Look at the fiasco in Palestine, and the elections may have been rigged, Hamas was elected...democracy in the middle east will need time to adjust to the " I kill you and burn your house " attitudes...they have clan fights that go back generations because someone's great great great great grandfather humped a neighbor's camel or something...to them it's an all or nothing deal...kill or be killed...the majority do notknow western ways...if there is any hope it will be in the young getting educated in western ways and learning to adapt the good parts to their ancient ways...

Still would be funny to have a cleric pull my finger...who knows maybe they do it as well..?
Old 09-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

I actually tend to agree with Bob on this one, up to a point.

The EU and UN do not govern independently of the countries that are their constituents. In the case of the U.S., we elect the people who choose the people who represent us at the UN. Not only do we have a vote on any matter the UN considers, but we can veto any Security Council resolution we want to. Most UN members do not have that power. Yet they choose to belong to the UN anyways, because they recognize its value in resolving differences peacefully ad addressing issues that extend beyond the borders of individual countries (AIDS, the environment, etc.).

I don’t know how many of you have read any of the Muslim holy book, the Koran, or how much you know about Islam’s beliefs. But FYI:
1) Islam accepts most of the Old Testament prophets, including Abraham, Noah, Moses, John the Baptist and others.
2) Islam considers Jesus to be possibly the most important prophet, next to Mohammed.

I haven’t read all of the Koran, only the first nine Surahs (chapters) out of about 30. I alternated between being impressed, depressed and confused when I was reading it. It, like most holy books that are unquestioned (IMO: pretty much all of holy books have those who think God wrote the books themselves, as opposed to fallible men trying to understand and convey something that is beyond anyone’s full understanding), had numerous contradictions. In some places, it says that Jews, Christians and Muslims are all “People of the Book”, and that Muslims must respect Jews and Christians and not harm them. In other places it says that it’s OK to kill anyone who isn’t a Muslim.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen that Southpark episode about the war in Iraq, where Cartman goes back in time to the late 1700’s?
Old 09-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Supra-government and Supra-religion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.