Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Why hasn't Fox asked these questions?? >

Why hasn't Fox asked these questions??

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Why hasn't Fox asked these questions??

Old 09-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Why hasn't Fox asked these questions??

There have been many Bush Adminstration's personal on Fox since 9/11 and they were never asked these questions why?

Why did the White House not respond more forcefully to the August 6 CIA memo warning of an impending bin Laden strike against the United States?
On August 6, 2001, the CIA delivered a now-famous "Presidential Daily Brief" (PDB) to Bush entitled "http://www.cnn.com/2004/images/04/10/whitehouse.pdf#search=%22august%206%20pdb%22][/url]Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in U.S." The memo stated that, although the FBI had "not been able to corroborate" a 1998 report that bin Laden was seeking to "hijack a U.S. aircraft," "FBI information since that time indicate[d] patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York."
The administration appears to have done little in response to the August 6 PDB. The 9-11 Commission http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report_Ch8.pdf#page=9][/url]stated in its report that it "found no indication of any further discussion before September 11 among the President and his top advisers of the possibility of a threat of an al Qaeda attack in the United States" -- this despite the fact that "[m]ost of the intelligence community recognized in the summer of 2001 that the number and severity of threat reports were unprecedented."
News of the August 6 memo http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0518-04.htm][/url]first broke on May 18, 2002. During Cheney's appearance on Fox News Sunday the following day, Snow brought up the memo and asked him, "Why didn't we connect the dots?" But in their subsequent interviews with Bush administration officials, Wallace and Snow repeatedly failed to ask them if they regretted not reacting more forcefully to it. Wallace even avoided questioning Rice about it days after she discussed the memo during her testimony before the 9-11 Commission, as the weblog Think Progress http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/23/wallace-rice-pdb/][/url]noted.
Why did the Bush administration demote Richard Clarke?

Former counterterrorism official Richard Clarke http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-03-20-clarke_x.htm][/url]left the White House in January 2003, shortly after being demoted by the Bush administration. He subsequently criticized the administration's response to the alarming intelligence delivered prior to 9-11. During the September 24 interview, Clinton said that Clarke was "loyal" to former presidents Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Clinton, and George W. Bush. Clinton then noted that despite Clarke's loyalty, the Bush administration "downgraded him and the terrorist operation," which prompted Clinton to ask Wallace, "I want to know how many people you asked, 'Why did you fire Dick Clarke?' " Clinton later said: "This country only has one person who's worked against terror, from the terrorist incidents under Reagan to the terrorist incidents on 9-11. Only one: Richard Clarke."
In his numerous interviews with Bush administration officials, Wallace mentioned Clarke only once, as Think Progress http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/23/fox-clarke-demoted/][/url]noted, in the March 28, 2004, http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,115436,00.html][/url]interview with Rumsfeld. But in that interview, Wallace failed to question Rumsfeld on Clarke's demotion.
Why didn't the Bush administration do anything in response to the bombing of the USS Cole?

During the interview, Wallace asked Clinton about the "attack on the Cole" and why, "after the attack," the Clinton administration "didn't do more." Wallace was referring to the USS Cole bombing on October 12, 2000, roughly three months before Clinton left the White House. Clinton noted that he didn't have much time to respond to the bombing and asked Wallace: "I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked, 'Why didn't you do anything about the Cole?' "
As Think Progress http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/23/wallace-cole/][/url]noted, no Bush administration official has ever been asked about the administration's lack of response to the Cole bombing by a host of Fox News Sunday -- this despite the fact that the FBI and CIA did not certify that bin Laden was responsible for the attack until early 2001.
Why did Bush not heed the CIA's call for more troops to help catch bin Laden at Tora Bora?
In an April 17, 2002, http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A6261 8-2002Apr16&notFound=true][/url]article on bin Laden's escape from the Tora Bora region of Afghanistan in late 2001, The Washington Post reported that the Bush administration's "failure to commit U.S. ground troops to hunt him was its gravest error in the war against al Qaeda, according to civilian and military officials with first-hand knowledge." The article noted that several "[a]fter-action reviews, conducted privately inside and outside the military chain of command, describe the episode as a significant defeat for the United States." Further, the Post quoted a senior counterterrorism official saying, "We [messed] up by not getting into Tora Bora sooner and letting the Afghans do all the work. ... We didn't put U.S. forces on the ground, despite all the brave talk, and that is what we have had to change since then."
But in their subsequent appearances on Fox News Sunday, senior Bush aides did not face any questions regarding the Bush administration's decision-making at Tora Bora.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Whay hasn't Fox asked these questions??

Because they are a right-leaning station. I don't agree that they are always lobbing softballs to the Bush administration, but they obviously aren't as aggressive as if they were interviewing Clinton.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here is a list of senior Bush administration officials interviewed on Fox News Sunday since September 11, 2001. (White House press secretary Tony Snow previously hosted the program. Wallace succeeded him in December 2003.):
[ul]Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice; 9/10/06
National Security adviser Stephen Hadley; 8/6/06
Rice; 7/16/06
Rice; 6/4/06
Rice; 5/21/06
Rice; 3/26/06
Rice; 12/18/05
Hadley; 12/4/05
Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld; 11/20/05
Rice; 10/16/05
Rumsfeld; 6/26/05
Rice; 6/19/05
Hadley; 5/15/05
Then-White House chief of staff Andrew Card; 5/1/05
Rumsfeld; 3/20/05
Hadley; 3/13/05
Vice President Dick Cheney; 2/6/05
Rice; 1/30/05
Rice (then-National Security adviser); 10/10/04
Rice; 6/27/04
Rice; 6/6/04
Rice; 4/18/04
Rumsfeld; 3/28/04
Card; 12/7/03
Rumsfeld; 11/2/03
Rice; 9/28/03
Rice; 9/7/03
Rice; 7/13/03
Rumsfeld; 5/4/03
Rumsfeld; 3/30/03
Rice; 2/16/03
Card; 1/26/03
Rumsfeld; 1/19/03
Rice; 11/10/02
Rice; 9/15/02
Card; 6/9/02
Rice; 5/26/02
Cheney; 5/19/02
Rice; 5/5/02
Card; 4/14/02
Rice; 2/3/02
Cheney; 1/27/02
Rumsfeld; 11/11/01[/ul]
In the March 28, 2004, http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,115436,00.html][/url]interview with Rumsfeld, Wallace did press him on whether the Department of Defense should have "been thinking more about" terrorism prior to 9-11 and asked him to respond to the "basic charge that, pre-9-11 ... this government, the Bush administration, largely ignored the threat from Al Qaeda." Referring to Rumsfeld's testimony before the 9-11 Commission regarding the Defense Department's anti-terrorism efforts, Wallace remarked, "[I]t sure sounds like fighting terrorism was not a top priority."
Old 09-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

If the US ran Afghanistan instead of letting the indigenous military do so, the lefties would have cried about how Bush the cowboy is playing imperialist in someone else's country. Just another incident where the left slams Bush for not doing something they never would have let him do, or would have incessantly whined if he did! Just like criticizing Bush for not going after Bin Laden, but they'd be crying foul the secondwe went with a formidable force to track him down in Pakistan.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

So why haven't these questions been asked Doug?

You're not answering the questions just throwing out talking points.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I listen to FOX several hours every day. (retired) All of these questions have been asked of Bush administration personel at one time or another. Including today When Nute was asked most all of these questions.

However. Who really knows what Clinton tried to do and what Bush has tried to do? one side lies about the other and for every report that comes out, there is a report that says just the opposite. I had and have no use for any clinton but like I said who really knows all the facts about what anyone knew or didn't know and did or didn't do. As long as right from the bottom up, including we here, would rather fight and accuse the other side of everything under the sun, Nothing will ever get done and nothing will ever change.

The war on terror is nothing compared to the war between these to worthless political parties who care nothing about the people and who only care about making sure the other party can't get anything done and maybe get credit for it. The Dems have dragged their feet and fought everything Bush has tried to do and when the tide shifts, the other side will do the same damn thing. Man am I sick of it all. I wish we could flush the whole darn bunch of them and start over. And this time, maybe we will do our part by not voting these partisan slobs back into office time and time again.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The war on terror is nothing compared to the war between these to worthless political parties who care nothing about the people and who only care about making sure the other party can't get anything done and maybe get credit for it. The Dems have dragged their feet and fought everything Bush has tried to do and when the tide shifts, the other side will do the same damn thing. Man am I sick of it all. I wish we could flush the whole darn bunch of them and start over. And this time, maybe we will do our part by not voting these partisan slobs back into office time and time again.
Well said James,

It's a shame that federally elected officials can't get away from the polarization which trickles down from the party leadership because they need the support of the party to get elected.It's one big Mess. We should start over in that regard.I think term limits would help.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:07 PM

Fox is my favorite news station

-Travis-
Old 09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why hasn't Fox asked these questions??

I'm sure many such questions have been asked. Are you suggesting that republicans are keeping democrats from asking questions? I for one would like to know how in the h&ll we could have a chinese wall between our intelligence agencies, which proved to hamper our effectiveness against terrorism. My understanding is that it came about during Clinton, but fully believe Bush should have done away with that utter nonsenseas soon as he became President.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Why hasn't Fox asked these questions??

I'm sure many such questions have been asked.
I watch a lot of news Fox and other cable news, and read many interviews and I haven't heard/seen it asked.

Are you suggesting that republicans are keeping democrats from asking questions?
Where did you come up with that? Seriously.

My understanding is that it came about during Clinton, but fully believe Bush should have done away with that utter nonsenseas soon as he became President.
You sure if you find out where it started let me know I think it's stupid too.

Quick Reply: Why hasn't Fox asked these questions??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.