Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 It's About Time: More Troops On The Border >

It's About Time: More Troops On The Border

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

It's About Time: More Troops On The Border

Old 03-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: It's About Time: More Troops On The Border

ORIGINAL: Aught Six

Dig deeper, they are not there as police, but as mechanics and the likes. They do not have any security role. Its the Governers lame attempt to get reelected.[:'(]
Where are you getting that from, burn? Everything I've seen mentioned the Guard being stationed at checkpoints, inspecting cargo and monitoring security cameras.
Im sorry, I ment not to Militarize the boarder. I just skimmed throught the article I was reading. Sorry. Ill stick with the notion this is for reelection though. She vetoed every measure up till now.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

cameron and 06, there is a huge difference between an invasion where some folks are looking to over throw us and someone sneaking into the country to work and live.

Trust me if folks were "Invading" our country the military would be popping caps on them.

Sneaking across the border to try and better your life is not a death penalty offense, nor should it be.

The feds and states need to have their feet held to the fire for allowing it to go on.

I will be honest and say that if I was living in the depths of poverty in a third world country and knew there was work in the US and I couldn't get in legally, I would be sliding across the border myself!

If there was concertina wire and enough armed patrols to make it difficult I would probably think twice about trying it, but as easy as it is right now with no real penalty for getting caught I would do it in a heart beat.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:31 AM

Taz- I see your point. But I slightly disagree. I think they are invading our country.

The problem we are faced with is not all of them are coming over to work and live. A lot of them are coming over for a handout. And who's paying for it? We are. Illegals don't pay taxes, they go to school for free, free medical care, free food.

I'll tell you my experiences-
1) I grew up on a farm/ranch operation that my grandfather owned and later was partnered with my uncles and my dad. Being a somewhat large operation, they needed to hire people to help with farmwork and cattle. They could hire some guys from town for anywhere from $6-9 bucks an hour. Or they could hire illegals for $3-4 bucks an hour. Of course, you don't get paid overtime working on a farm.So if you're the guy writing the checks- who do you want to hire? So we had a bunch of white guys, and a bunch of guys who didn't speak english and didn't know how to farm from sewing. But they were cheap. When dad would write a check to me- he took out taxes. When he would write a check to them- he didn't. Is that fair?
2) My mom was an R.N. at the local hospital. On a regular weekly basis, there would be a girl come in VERY pregnant and VERY close to delivery. They had no paperwork, no identification, no English. So they would deliver the baby and provide whatever care they need, but who pays for it? I agree medical care is expensive- but it can't be free! There are various other stories about people coming in injured with no I.D., paperwork, etc. They can't deny treatment, so it would be done for free- raising the prices for everyone else.
3) These hands' kids were going to school. One of my parents' closest friends was a teacher at the school. She had kids in the 5th-7th grade who spoke NO ENGLISH. How did they get to those grades not knowing english? How do you teach English writing and composition to a kid that doesn't speak English. Who pays for them to go to school? How did they pay for their lunches at school? They didn't. The state does. And where does the state get the money to pay for their lunches? The state's citizens.

This is just a fraction of the problems illegal immigration causes. The list goes on: Drugs, gangs, crime....

Like you, Taz, if I were living in a third world country in poverty and there was prosperity somewhere else- I would want to go too. But, I think I would have the decency to do it legally and to not be looking for handouts. Of course- I've never lived in a third world country in poverty, so I'm only speculating as to what I would do.

The feds and states DO need more than their feet held to the fire for allowing it.Border security is a joke, but not a funny one.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Those are valid points cameron and why illegal immigration really isn't cost effective for the U.S. with Mexico.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cameron I certainly hope you don't thinnk I want them all sent home and stopped from coming back, I do!

I do not feel that as the border is handled today we should start killing them!

We need to invest the money and man power needed first to stop the folks from crossing the borders and then into shipping back the illegals to thier point of entry only!!! We should not finance sending Brazilians that crossed our border with Mexico illegally, we should just send them to Mexico and let them figure out if they want to keep them or ship them back to Brazil!
Old 03-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Testing........

Old 03-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the reply to my question, Aught Six, I understand. Is there such an amensty program ?
Not yet, but it's been discussed for several years now.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

cameron and 06, there is a huge difference between an invasion where some folks are looking to over throw us and someone sneaking into the country to work and live.
What should we do to stop the armed drug runners and Mexican army smugglers who are crossing with greater frequency? What about the Islamic terrorists studying Spanish so that they can pose as hispanic migrants? The border issue encompasses much more than theplight ofpoor laborers.

And the fact of the matter is thatillegal aliens look for work in the U.S. because they and theircompatriots don't want to bother improving their own countries. They're bringing the same crime, corruption and filth they have at home up to our country, and that offends me to no end.

We have regulations concerning immigration for a reason. It's about time we enforce them.