Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Republicans may be turning next election. >

Republicans may be turning next election.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Republicans may be turning next election.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Republicans may be turning next election.

Alot of teachers vote. And alot of teachers are ticked off at the demand that Bush's mandate has put out concerning NO Child Left Behind. I don't ever talk about these political post to my wife very much ,but just out of the blue she says this morning."YOu know what I'm going to vote democrat the next time." You folks would not believe the stuff that has come into the classroom these last two years. Many teachers are retiring early. It's an impossible task. The vote i susually close for the presidency. I have afeeling it won't be that close the next time. The Bush administration is really ticking folks off.
Chuck7
Old 03-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Republicans may be turning next election.

A lot of people are ticked at Bush and Republicans, but not really any more than before. And the thing is that most Americans now see little difference between the parties anyway. Voter indifference and apathy aren't good things to rely on when you're a politician. The Democrats will need much more than some PO'ed teachers in order to win the presidency.

Do you believe that teachers alone can sway an election?
Old 03-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Aught Six

The Democrats will need much more than some PO'ed teachers in order to win the presidency.

Do you believe that teachers alone can sway an election?
agreed. on a union leadership basis, the teachers unions have been with the Ds for years anyway, and it hasn't gotten them much.

dissatisfaction with bush will not have a huge impact on the next presidential anyway. you can already see many prominent Rs begining to distance themselves from the POTUS on several issues. that seperation will be achasm in 2 more years is bush'snumbers don't turn.

and Bush wasn't all that popular when we won re-election, but he beat kerry regardless why?the simple fact is, on a national basis, the Ds fail to put forward a compelling, moderatealternative to the republican status quo. the primary process usually insures that the winning democratic candidate has to swing so far left to a) garner the votes, and b) (here's the biggee) raise enough the money from the liberal PACS to survive the primary that, once nomination is in hand, he has surrendered the vital center ground, guaranteeing a loss in the general.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I'll vote Pro-Life and Pro-Gun. That generally means I won't be voting for a Democrat, even if there's lots I don't agree with from the other side.

Chad
Old 03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LBR

I'll vote Pro-Life and Pro-Gun. That generally means I won't be voting for a Democrat, even if there's lots I don't agree with from the other side.

Chad
just curious...would you ever vote for a

a)progun, prochoice, or
b) prolife, antigun
candidate, if you liked his or her stance on the other issues?
Old 03-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of teachers vote. And alot of teachers are ticked off at the demand that Bush's mandate has put out concerning NO Child Left Behind. I don't ever talk about these political post to my wife very much ,but just out of the blue she says this morning."YOu know what I'm going to vote democrat the next time." You folks would not believe the stuff that has come into the classroom these last two years. Many teachers are retiring early. It's an impossible task. The vote i susually close for the presidency. I have afeeling it won't be that close the next time. The Bush administration is really ticking folks off.
Chuck7
Most teachers are clueless about NCLB and have been living in a cocoon safe from the scrutiny (of their employer(s)) that everyone else deals with. The NEA has done more over the last few decades to screw this country's education system up than anything. If your wife wants to support the party that supports them, have at it. She should take a close look at what she's really backing.

John Stossel, ABC, did a get piece on the state of public education. He's also written a series of columns on the education system. You ought to look'm over ‚ÄĒ
http://www.townhall.com/opinion/cont.../archive/2006/

By the way, my wife of 16 years has been teaching at the elementary level for 20 years. She was in the union the first two and but not for the last 18.
Many teachers are retiring early.
Good. Many teachers should. I've seen dozens of teachers that have grown complacent and don't like children any more. Frankly, there are a lot of sorry arse teachers that bitch and moan about every dern thing. Just like every other profession. But a guy complaining about putting widgets in boxes doesn't have the same impact on kids than a teacher doing it.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guess who WILL be voting Democrat in the next election?

THIS GUY!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Guess who WILL be voting Democrat in the next election?

THIS GUY!!!!
Because you are a teacher? Elaborate . . .
Old 03-08-2006, 03:11 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Chuck7
I hear ya Chuck. but you have to admit our education system is screwed up. US has the best colleges in the world and the worst grade and high schools.

This whole idea of tenure is just killing the education system. My old High School sent me this letter wanting me to talk at this, feel good function, they had explaining how that high school helped me succeed in life. I lit them up. I explained in a 7 page letter, how that high school about ruined me, and I had to play catch up when going to college even though I made almost staight A's. I named dropped left and right, and bascially told about teachers who slept with the girls in the class, others who were selling term papers, others who were supporting drug sells at the votec school. Explained how some teachers passed every athlete in the class as long as the all important football team made it to state champs every year. Needless to say, mail to my house from that Board of Education ceased at that point.

I believe you Chuck, if you say its impossible. Probably a political move without much thought. But we got to do something in this country.

I would be all for a prolife, progun, democrat as long as he had some symbolance of a plan for the future of education. Everybody I work with sends thier kids to private schools. Maybe a active evaluation of the teachers performance every few years is the way to go. but maybe basing it off of kids test scores is very unfair. I don't have any good ideas surely they can come up with something. There was two good teachers at my old high school of 1000 kids. The rest should be fired. Its been almost 18 years since I been there, and I heard things improved, but I can't imagine by much.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:38 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

just curious...would you ever vote for a

a)progun, prochoice, or
b) prolife, antigun
candidate, if you liked his or her stance on the other issues?
That's a tough one, that I hope I'm never faced with (and doubt I ever will be), but if I were I'd vote Pro-Life.

Quick Reply: Republicans may be turning next election.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.