Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Teacher On Administrative Leave After Anti-Bush Rant >

Teacher On Administrative Leave After Anti-Bush Rant

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Teacher On Administrative Leave After Anti-Bush Rant

Old 03-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Teacher On Administrative Leave After Anti-Bush Rant

Quick I agree with your opinion.

Regarding balance - I think you're right, you need balance.For the sake of argument, we'll pretend that half of America is democrat, half republican. By my count, that's about one-for-one. These kids are hearing both sides of every issue. You guys just want to censor the half that doesn't befit your own views. Again... Blinders.
Taz please say it isn't so.....

Sweet and simple, end of debate!!!!

Teachers are thier to teach facts, not give their personal opinions.

My head is spinning reading these posts. I am a teacher and strongly believe in expression of opinion. Our country is founded on it and many say it shouldn't be apart of the classroom. I wish I didn't have fear on expressing my opinion to students but I keep them to myself in fear of losing a job. Does that sound like America to you?

Many saying this teacher is comparing Bush to Hitller better reread the speech. He backed of on that saying not quite to that extreme.

Face it people our countrymay no longer be number 1 in the future.

Complacency is a slow killer. Look at the stats of 135 women graduating college compared to 100 males.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Aught to you like expressing your opinion?
Old 03-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

This audio was of one day?

How many of you past students had teachers leave the subject matter during class time.

I remember many talking about their personal lives. I am sure not part of the curriculum
Old 03-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Aught to you like expressing your opinion?
All individualsrepresent the organizations in which they work. I love expressing my opinion--on my own time. You'll never see mestanding in a conference room atworkranting about politics. That's not what I'm here to do. It's not free speech if it's on someone else's time and payroll.

Furthermore, Bennish has a duty to educate his students. Maybe I'm just not familiar withthe modern pedagogical method (hasit changed?), but that sounded an awful lot like an emotional soapbox speech, not anything I've ever seen in any high school social studies text.

It's important to provoke students to think outside of the box, but if you provoke them too much they end up out in left field.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

How many of you past students had teachers leave the subject matter during class time.
I had a few. Not surprisingly, they tended to be among the worst when it came to actuallyoffering academic knowledge.

I remember many talking about their personal lives. I am sure not part of the curriculum
And as it is not part of the curriculum, it does not belong in the classroom.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Buckmine - boysda and myself fought the good fight on this issue, but it's an uphill battle, as usual.

Apparently, these guys think that teachers should be drones standing in front of the class, spewing fact after fact after fact after fact.... I'm sure am glad they're not in charge.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Apparently, these guys think that teachers should be drones standing in front of the class, spewing fact after fact after fact after fact.... I'm sure am glad they're not in charge.
Yes, that's correct. Teachers are there to share knowledge. Parents are the ones who are there to share wisdom.

It seems to me that many here don't realize exactly what is being taught in schools today. Whether it's anti-american political rhetoric oradvice on homosexual experimentation, some things belong at home, not at school.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes uphill.........

Aught in know way am I going to change your thinking.

As you will probably not change mine. But I have been known to change my thinking right here on this site if I am well informed.

I would love my child to come home and question what a teacher has spoken so I can discuss it with my son on it being right or wrong. What is this fear of a child being corrupted by another when you know the morals you have set forth are respected by your children. That is what type of education I want for my child. Fact after fact is not going to make my child think. Has knowing the facts made this world a better place? Have we created the ultimate Utopia? Nope not yet. If your rich it might be there for you but there are others in this world.

Learn from the mistakes and successes of the past.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would love my child to come home and question what a teacher has spoken so I can discuss it with my son on it being right or wrong. What is this fear of a child being corrupted by another when you know the morals you have set forth are respected by your children. That is what type of education I want for my child. Fact after fact is not going to make my child think. Has knowing the facts made this world a better place? Have we created the ultimate Utopia? Nope not yet. If your rich it might be there for you but there are others in this world.

Learn from the mistakes and successes of the past.
There is no real accountability in schools anymore. America's records of academic performancemakethat clear, which is exactly why education reform has been such a hot topic recently.

I went to public schools and I don't trust them. There are too many burned-out teachers and aloof administrators tomake any consistent positive impact throughout the public education system. When a bunch of bureaucratschoosecurricula from a conference room somewhere, the problem only worsens. I see fatal flaws throughout the entire establishment.

I also see a lot of lunatics ranting about their personal views, in addition to various freaks seducing their students. What I don't see a whole lot of issound education.

But you're right about one thing--fact after fact won't teach a child. Particularly if the facts in question are really opinions.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought it was funny that his hippie appearance was not deemed acceptable for the Today show ,it's ok to go to work looking like a ...Deleted by CalHunter... but not on tv lying about whatyou said on tax payer time.

Students have dress codes but teachers don't ?

Quick Reply: Teacher On Administrative Leave After Anti-Bush Rant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.