Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Bambi II

Old 02-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bambi II

ORIGINAL: _Dan

louddrummer69,
Glad it didn't affect you. But it will most deffinately affect other kid's opinions about hunters.
There is a scene in the movie where bambi thinks he hears his dead mother and then dogs start chasing him. The "prince" buck of the herd saves him and then you hear a gun shot. Bambi tellshim he thought he heard his mother and the "prince"says tohim, "that is just another human trick."

Go ahead an support Disney if you like. I think I'll spend my money with someone who doesn't want to take my hunting rights away.

Not to be a jerk, but what part of that isn't true? We use bleat calls don't we, what do you think you are trying to immitate? Fawn in distress calls?

Its a movie, kids will think what they want, most kids know the difference between a cartoon and reality.

Just my opinion.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Bob H in NH

ORIGINAL: _Dan

louddrummer69,
Glad it didn't affect you. But it will most deffinately affect other kid's opinions about hunters.
There is a scene in the movie where bambi thinks he hears his dead mother and then dogs start chasing him. The "prince" buck of the herd saves him and then you hear a gun shot. Bambi tellshim he thought he heard his mother and the "prince"says tohim, "that is just another human trick."

Go ahead an support Disney if you like. I think I'll spend my money with someone who doesn't want to take my hunting rights away.

Not to be a jerk, but what part of that isn't true? We use bleat calls don't we, what do you think you are trying to immitate? Fawn in distress calls?

Its a movie, kids will think what they want, most kids know the difference between a cartoon and reality.

Just my opinion.

I never said it wasn't true. But it's about how some people percieve it and the purpose of the line. It was meant to change peoples opionions of us and to help kids form an opinion. Sure, most of the kids won't be persuaded by it, but a few will. And a few is too many.

I can't believe that hunters would be sonaive as to defend a movie with anti-hunting propaganga.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

Dan,
I'm not naive, I just think alot of the time hunters get too worked up over something that isn't worth getting worked up about. I think its the job of the parents to get their child into hunting and make sure they understand the difference between reality and make believe. Its a childrens movie so take it as it is, a movie aimed at children. Guess what, Wile E, Coyote doesn't buy Acme rockets and try to kill a road runner...you know why, because its a cartoon.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: louddrummer69

Dan,
I'm not naive, I just think alot of the time hunters get too worked up over something that isn't worth getting worked up about. I think its the job of the parents to get their child into hunting and make sure they understand the difference between reality and make believe. Its a childrens movie so take it as it is, a movie aimed at children. Guess what, Wile E, Coyote doesn't buy Acme rockets and try to kill a road runner...you know why, because its a cartoon.
I'm not getting worked up.
Read my posts again. I was talking about shaping the opinions of non-hunters and the kids of non-hunters, not yours or mine.

Comparing WileyCoyote to Bambi is likecomparing apples and oranges. There is no mention of huntersby Wiley coyote is there?

Think what you want, but it is a littlenaive.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Dominant Buck

The Disney corporation still hasn't figured out that bucks don't have antlers year round , don't help each other out of danger , or that hunting deer isn't allowed during the Spring . Explain the difference to your niece(kids , grandkids , someone else's kids) and they'll understand . Since having it explained to him my 6 year old grandson cackles like a madman while watching Bambi , he can't wait to put a hole in Bambi's Mom or Dad . I'm so proud ...
Old 02-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

A big portion of the money used to fund the movie probably came
from anti-hunting groups. I can remember my grown sister crying
during the first bambi movie and all she can say when I shoot a deer
and bring it by to show her is "Awe poor little bambi, its so pretty."
A movie like this will shape peoples opinion on hunting. I have seen it
first hand. If Uncle Ted made a wack master cartoon for kids and showed
hunters wacking all kinds of deer and eating them the anti-hunter groups would pi_s all over themselves scrambling to the lobby.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

What did Bambi here?......... A soft feminim voice saying, "Bambi, bambi, where are you." If I did that in the woods the deer would be running.

The first Bambi they touted how much they researched the deer and its movements. It was a little documentary on the making of Bambi. So they must have seen a deer rubbing its antlers in the springtime. An actuall scene in the cartoon.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: IL_ray_phillips

A big portion of the money used to fund the movie probably came
from anti-hunting groups. I can remember my grown sister crying
during the first bambi movie and all she can say when I shoot a deer
and bring it by to show her is "Awe poor little bambi, its so pretty."
A movie like this will shape peoples opinion on hunting. I have seen it
first hand. If Uncle Ted made a wack master cartoon for kids and showed
hunters wacking all kinds of deer and eating them the anti-hunter groups would pi_s all over themselves scrambling to the lobby.
Amen! Bambi was one of the worst thingsfor hunting, ever! Awww, why did you shoot bambi? is one of the most common things I hear, besides, nice buck! I usually reply " that's not bambi" then they ( usually she ) say "how do you know?" Then I say" because Bambi didn't have balls like this" holding my hands about a foot apart. That usually ends a conversation I didn't want to have anyway!
Old 02-16-2006, 02:58 PM

whens it come out?
Old 02-17-2006, 05:53 AM

I don't think "our children" are the problem. Its the other kids watching it, those who grow up in a non-hunting family.
EXCATLY! The last time this subject came up alot of guys said that it didn't effect them or their kids and they had no problem with the movie. well yaa, it wouldn't effect hunting famlies! It's the NON HUNTING famlies we have to worry about. Imagine non hunting parents watching it with their children, what do you think they are saying to their kids? Not the same thing as you or I.

Quick Reply: Bambi II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.