Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 UNIVERSITY BOMBING WAS A TERRORIST PLOT >

UNIVERSITY BOMBING WAS A TERRORIST PLOT

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

UNIVERSITY BOMBING WAS A TERRORIST PLOT

Old 10-07-2005, 10:07 AM

Default RE: UNIVERSITY BOMBING WAS A TERRORIST PLOT

i wish i had access to tardfarmer's tin foil hat right about now.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:26 AM

A good read from Accuracy in Media:
http://www.aim.org/guest_column/4077_0_6_0_C/

Old 10-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only facts I have been able to find are that a kid named Hinrichs, an engineering student, managed to kill himself with some type of explosive device. He wasn't at the stadium although he was close by. Beyond that, everything available is pure speculation and unatributed statements by undisclosed sources. In other words, pure and unadulterated B.S.
While it isa healthy thing to be skeptical of information from the government, the problem here is that there is no information available to be skeptical about beyond that on a hundred websites quoting undisclosed sources. At this point in time, everything seems to point to a kid that commited suicide by bomb, whether anything more sinister is ever proven remains to be seen. Don't give terrorists more credence than they deserve, they are not omnipotent nor supermen. Every incident involving an explosive does not mean we are under attack by some muslim group or organization, if we allow that mindset to develop, we lose and terrorists win without expending an ounce of resources.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:00 AM

You haven't been paying attention, Coastie. It's a fact that Hinrichs tried to purchase a large quantity of ammonium nitrate four days prior to his death.

It's been confirmed by local newspapers and the Norman PD. In fact an off-duty officer was in Ellison's Feed Store when the owner, whom I know, refused to sell Hinrichs potential bomb-making material when he seemed suspicious. The officer took down his tag number and filed an intelligence report with Norman PD.

We also know that Justice Dept filed to make the search warrant of Hinrich's apartment secret, despite comments from the FBI that there is no evidence that this is anything other than a single suicide. This doesn't pass the smell test.

I know for a fact from personal conversations with FBI agents involved in counterterrorism that the mosque in Norman and OU and Central State students in Edmond, OK have been under surveillance since the early 90's.

From what I know and the sealing of the search warrant, my best guess is that there is a stream of information coming from Norman and the feds don't want to burn it.

I think they almost got embarrassed bigtime here, though.

But then this same FBI office has never explained what happened to over 20 depositions from witnesses that say they saw Tim McVeigh in the company of a former Republican Guard who lived in OKC at the time of the OKC Bombing.

I also know the agent who handed over the depositions. He has since retired and is on record as saying that he gave this evidence collected by investigative reporter Jayna Davis to his superiors. To this day, the official FBI line is "We have no record of receiving any depositions from Jayna Davis."

My best guess on the OKC/Iraq connection is that a group of Iraqis who spied for us prior to the Gulf War were brought here after the war and ended up being double agents who recruited and assisted Tim McVeigh in what was then the greatest terrorist act on America.

Color me a conspiracy theorist if you will, but I'm in good company.

"When the full stories of these two incidents (1993 WTC Center bombing and 1995 Oklahoma City bombing) are finally told, those who permitted the investigations to stop short will owe big explanations to these two brave women (Middle East expert Laurie Mylroie and journalist Jayna Davis). And the nation will owe them a debt of gratitude."
- Former CIA Director James Woolsey,
Wall Street Journal, September 5, 2002

Old 10-08-2005, 11:22 AM

Is the authur trying to say that the Ok city bombing was really done by Islamic Terroists?????

Not trying, He is saying it

Mc Vey's Wife has being linked to connections to Al-queda, she an arab, 2X2=4 not 31/2 maybe,LOL
Old 10-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The problem is, underdog, I have been paying attention. The fact remains that beyond the blogs on the internet, usingunverifiable sources and guesswork, there are no facts. 20 bags of ammonium nitrate is not a large amount, hardly enough to fertilize a 10 acre field under normal conditions. If he did in fact attempt to purchase that amount, that is possibly what caused alarm bells to go off. Most farmers will order 20 tons or 200 tons, not 20 bags, most home owners will purchase 2 or 3 bags which by the way is more than enough to ruin your whole day when used for something other than fertilizer. I,m not saying that there is not more to the story than has appeared in the press, I'm just very sceptical when ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and the rest have a perfect opportunity to stir the pot, they don't bother to so much as mention it. In this day, even the white house doesn't have the power to do that.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:50 AM

Coastie, You still don't seem aware that names of the feedstore operator and Norman PD officers have appeared in numerous local news coverages and are not matters of speculation.

Here's one you don't have to register to read http://www.channeloklahoma.com/news/5065442/detail.html

Your logic seems a bit faulty to me. You say a farmer would typically buy nitrate by the ton and a homeowner two or three bags. That's true. But when a guy comes in and wants to buy 20 bags and is neither a farmer nor a homeowner, obviously the feed store owner's antennae had a sudden erection.

You seem to be trying to trivialize the quantity of 20 bags of ammonium nitrate. Eight-hundred pounds of nitrate mixed with an accelerant like racing fuel is enough to kill a bunch of folks.

There are more quesions than answers on this case and unfortunately I suspect that will always be the case. As one who followed the OKC Bombing and watched the same players, I see the same veil of secrecy surrounding this case.

Some questions. If this is a simple suicide as OU and the FBI say, what gives FBI jurisdiction? Why wouldn't it be investigated by the OU PD and Cleveland County DA as other student suicides? If it were the device, why wouldn't ATF be investigating? What gives FBI jurisdiction here? Maybe a matter of national security?

You didn't attempt to address why the U.S. Justice Department would get involved in a student suicide and seal the search warrant of his apartment while the FBI has released a statement saying no threat exists. Here's a link to their statement. Note the wording, it uses the word 'threat' where the word 'evidence' might be more appropriate, but would not be true. This release has all the appearances of an FBI smokescreen. If there were no evidence, FBI would announce its withdrawal from the case and turn it over to OU PD.
http://www.newsok.com/cc/o4_fbi_statement.pdf