Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 NRA wins legal battle in NO >

NRA wins legal battle in NO

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

NRA wins legal battle in NO

Old 09-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default NRA wins legal battle in NO

I read this the other day in the Daily Toreador. Gun confiscations in Nawlins were stopped by the court system.

http://www.dailytoreador.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/09/27/4338ab43dc7f5?in_archive=1
Old 10-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: NRA wins legal battle in NO

Good job.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

The problem is it should not have been necessary for a Judge to render such a decision. Our rights at every level have been so far eroded that police and political jurisdictions in many places feel that they may govern by edict, especially when confronted with a situation such as occurred in N.O. Elected and appointed officials alike are very little prepared to deal with the real world when the wolf comes to the door and tend to take advantage of the situation in one way and another. The N.O. police superintendent, or whatever his title is, and the mayor are incompetent boobs that should never have been in those positions to begin with. The Police superintendent has now resigned coincidental to an investigation by the FBI into the dereliction of duty alleged against up to a third of the N.O Police Department. Turns out that most of the names provided of officers that didn't show up, were non-existent to begin with. So just what the heck is up with that scenario? Is it true? If it is true, where was the money for these salaries going? Was it done to show a larger police presence than actually was there for means of getting larger chunks of federal homeland defense dollars or some other reason? Lots of questions so far and very few answers. New Orleans, indeed Louisianahas been, and if rebuilt, will continue to be a cess pool of corruption and back room politics. Time for serious change down there.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:06 AM

Although I know some folks in low places at NRA, I haven't discussed this case with anyone. But generally one of the things that NRA requires before they get involved in spending legal dollars is looking to see if the case will have broader implications. I would guess that is the case here. By the time you get an injuction or restraining order in a case like this, it's too late to protect the people when they needed it, but hopefully the legal precedent will make it easier and faster next time.

NO is truly a cess pool of corruption. Relief efforts there will require a higher level of scrutiny than elswhere. Don't forget the $60 million in federal emergency money that was missing prior to Katrina.

Old 10-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Coastie nailed this one and underdog brings up wexcellent points as usual.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO is truly a cess pool of corruption.
It's actually worse than that.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Ifferd

I'm just glad North Texan is pronouncing "Nawlins" corretcly - whoever heard of "New Orleans"??!!

It's just Soooooo trendy to sound ethnic and/or "Kuntry" these days,,,,,,

Ohh yeah, and like,,, rednecks are the "bomb" and stuff....[][]
Wow, a valley girl accent crossed with country. This board is truly educashionel.[8D]
Old 10-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

You think I'm white, don't you Ifferd.