Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Another one bites the dust ... >

Another one bites the dust ...

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Another one bites the dust ...

Old 09-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Another one bites the dust ...

And so topples another domino

Vermont , Connecticut , Taxachusetts , and now Kookifornia . The dominoes are toppling faster and faster . How did such a small minority of the population , and easily the most despised , get so much power ?
Old 09-07-2005, 07:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Another one bites the dust ...

ORIGINAL: kevin1

And so topples another domino

Vermont , Connecticut , Taxachusetts , and now Kookifornia . The dominoes are toppling faster and faster . How did such a small minority of the population , and easily the most despised , get so much power ?
It's easy when your leader is someone like the screaming demon Dean. We lived through 10 years of his misguided leadership and watched as he ruined what made our state special. In addition to huge increases in property taxes, he left us that legacy.Thank the good lord he didn't get elected to the pres job.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:00 AM

watch 'em fall, watch 'em fall.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: david m

watch 'em fall, watch 'em fall.
I would have thought that you would approve , Dave , you've always seemed so pro-***** in the past .
Just think , what is probably the smallest and least represented minority in the US will soon be telling you how to think . Enjoy !
Old 09-07-2005, 08:33 AM

It's not law until it's signed, and reports are Arnold won't sign this one.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Dominant Buck

I have no problem with them getting a common law type arrangement, but to call it marriage kinda takes away from what my wife and I hold dear in the meaning.

Just think , what is probably the smallest and least represented minority in the US will soon be telling you how to think . Enjoy !
Now that is what scares me. It scares the crap out of me thinking we will bend over so far in the name of P.C. that we will end up suffocating from having our heads stuck so far up our butts.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ihave no problem with them getting a common law type arrangement, but to call it marriage kinda takes away from what my wife and I hold dear in the meaning.
So what's worse these people getting married or over 50% of marrige ending up in divorce?
Old 09-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Ihave no problem with them getting a common law type arrangement, but to call it marriage kinda takes away from what my wife and I hold dear in the meaning.
So what's worse these people getting married or over 50% of marrige ending up in divorce?
Not at all. Like I said, I take issue in the name. Im a Christian, and by definition marriage means a bond between man and women. That is my issue. We have common law marriage already, why not have a homosexual union be common law or civil union. Im tired of America changing the meaning of words to suit a few. Same protection by law and all the benifites afforeded any married couple, but in my eyes and my Gods eyes, it is not marriage.My question, whyinsist on calling it marriage,because by definition it is not.Seems like a push to have society change for a small minority. Same prinicple as having girls in the boy scouts. Doesnt that change the whole program thus calling for a name change in the program.. It would not be the boy scouts anymore.I have no problem with unions, just the insistance in calling it something it isnt.

Oh, I almost forgot. I agree with the 50% divorce being appauling. I was not assuming these civil unions have less cement to them than traditional marriage (we all know how bad the divorce rate is).
Old 09-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the clarification Burn.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Burnie, let them have thier common law deal, but do not call it Marriage, Marriage is a Holy institution and as a result it is between a man and a woman.

Quick Reply: Another one bites the dust ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.