Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Burglers picked the wrong house. >

Burglers picked the wrong house.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Burglers picked the wrong house.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Burglers picked the wrong house.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=3654184

Police said state law gives Kimber the right to protect his property. Many neighbors say they would likely do the same. Scott said, "I don't guess you'd know until that happened, but if you want to protect your property, that's one of the things we do."
The survivor has been treated and is in jail. The DA said he will probably ask the grand jury for a no-bill for Kimber.

Edit: I just now noticed the address. I'm only three blocks away on 48th Street.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Burglers picked the wrong house.

Last year a 60 something year old Plumber and his wife were killed by 2 teenage boys they knew from a small town on the Island of Isle Lamott in Vermont. The boys heard from the owner’s teenage nephew that he kept cash in a safe at the home. The boys planned it for 2 weeks then broke into the house in the night. The owner awoke to the sounds of his dogs barking and went out of the bedroom to see what was happening. One of the boys stabbed him in the chest killing him and then went into the bedroom and killed the wife. They removed the safe from the house and hid it in the woods. They then went back to the house with gas cans that they had stashed 2 weeks ago and burned the house down killing the dogs and trying to hide the evidence. They were arrested a couple of days later trying to leave town and never opened the safe which was still in the woods behind the house. They both pleaded guilty and copped a 25 to life yesterday in court. From my perspective anyone I catch in my house gives me the right to protect my life...no questions asked.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can read about this same kind of stuff once a month in the Armed Citizen column of the American Rifleman. It's happeningeverywhere.

"It's better to have a gun, and never need it, than to need a gun and not have one!!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:33 AM

Those two look like a couple of bad huevos to me.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Dominant Buck

If killing intruders , armed or not , was legal everywhere there would be far less criminals . Some would get killed , most would retire .

England is the textbook example of how not to do it , and they're looking at making their gun and self defense laws even more restrictive . Currently , if an intruder breaks into your house the law there firmly expects you to let them have whatever they want without resistance . If you hurt or kill the intruder you go to jail ! Not surprisingly , home invasion is the fastest rising crime in England . It's also the fastest rising crime group in Australia , South Africa , and Canada .

What do they all have in common ? Severe gun control .
Old 08-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Dominant Buck

I hope they are seeing the error of their ways in merry old England. You have to admit they came back with pretty surprising ferocity after the bombings. It looks like the cops over their have their shat together.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a similar event from the highlands of Papua New Guinea from some 10 yrs years ago. On some remote bush roads, bandits would wait until the weather turned foggy and stake out a crossroads. Once a lone vehicle approached, 1 or 2 guys would throw a bricks or rocks into the windsheld. When the vehicle stopped, the other guys with rifles/pistols/machetes would approach from the sides and proceed to take whatever money, gas, supplies, etc to be had.

Well, one foggy morning a truck passed down a road and the rocks flew. The ambushers came out of the grass and found the truck was a troop transport full of PNG Army sharpshooters on their way to sniper training. Bandits 0, Snipers 4.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kevin1

If killing intruders , armed or not , was legal everywhere there would be far less criminals . Some would get killed , most would retire .

England is the textbook example of how not to do it , and they're looking at making their gun and self defense laws even more restrictive . Currently , if an intruder breaks into your house the law there firmly expects you to let them have whatever they want without resistance . If you hurt or kill the intruder you go to jail ! Not surprisingly , home invasion is the fastest rising crime in England . It's also the fastest rising crime group in Australia , South Africa , and Canada .

What do they all have in common ? Severe gun control .
Yes. Now the geniuses in England, following the rousing success of their firearms bans, want to outlaw POINTED KITCHEN KNIVES! Far too many people being cut, don't you know!!