Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 03-02-2005, 06:03 PM

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

rrules what outfitter?
Stayed at the Nouchimi outpost. Not too fancy but just what we needed. Mirage was quite nice, we checked it out on the way out.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:31 PM

Is there any one that is planning on going up there this year or next with room for one more (I don't like riding in the trunk or roof rake though)? I have been looking at hunting in Alaska but the outfitters that I have talk to stated that I need a hunting partner to get the 2X1 rates. I don't have any hunting partners that hunt big game. Anyways, I would pay more than my fair share and could help in any other way needed. Thank you for any considerations.

Kyle
Old 03-08-2005, 01:35 PM

Is there any one that is planning on going up there this year or next with room for one more (I don't like riding in the trunk or roof rake though)? I have been looking at hunting in Alaska but the outfitters that I have talk to stated that I need a hunting partner to get the 2X1 rates. I don't have any hunting partners that hunt big game. Anyways, I would pay more than my fair share and could help in any other way needed. Thank you for any considerations.

Kyle

I think you'll get more action as the season approaches. There were several guys who had to back out last year. Stay tuned, be flexible and repost in October. Good luck.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:47 PM

Thanks rrules. I will repost in October, but anyone can email me at [email protected] if an opening comes up before then.

Thanks again

Kyle
Old 03-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wonder what are the license fees this year? i love how on the outdoor shows they talk about how the herds are getting out of hand population wise and how the lichens are suffering from over grazing but the fees are way out of hand.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:06 AM

Liquid - I think the license fees are $250-$275.

The TV shows are making hunting way too expensive, so this is just a way of them saying their are plenty of Caribou, but like you said the license fee should reflect this.

I think the license fees are low on caribou vs. elk hunting out west or deer hunting in IL from out of state.....just my $0.02 worth!
Old 03-14-2005, 09:05 AM

Last year they were $295 Canadian. This was for two Bous. There has been talk of increasing it to three Bou to cull out the herd a little more. Don't know if they will though.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:30 PM

I agree about the price. When I lived in Montana they charged $1100 for guaranteed tags for mule deer and elk. Here in Iowa, we charge $300 for a deer.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

I think that the price for the winter caribou hunt is still quite reasonable. $295 Canadian for a non-resident license isn't bad compared to prices elsewhere. Even with recent price increases by the outfitters it's still a reasonable hunt. You can write off most of the price increase to the cost of fuel and the exchange rate.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Spike

Hi All, Just registered after reading all 43 pages. Very informative. I thought I would give my 04 hunt report. We tried to get into Mirage for 2 years and finally booked with Northern Caribou Adventures for a Nov. 20-24 hunt. This was our first trip and we were very happy. We lucked out and got a small trailer/cabin that only accomodated our group of 4. We also expected no showers and were pleasantly suprised to have nice HOT showers. After reading all of the posted info I see that we were slightly ahead of what would be considered prime time, but the animals were there. At the last minute I decided for space savings to leave my bow at home and was sorry that I had. On the first day I had hundreds of them within 50 yards and some close enough to practically touch with the end of my .308 Tikka. What a great experience having caribou standing there eating within 5 yards of you.
Jack at NCA was very helpful, He came to our cabin every night to make sure we were in and to tell us where the animals were. He was also out in the field during the day helping us and other hunters bring in the bou with his sled. Many times for hunters not staying at NCA. We took 7 nice bulls and one cow because one of our party wanted to mount a cow with their bull. Two nice double shovels.
Mirage is definately a higher class outfit if you can get in, but we went expecting to be basically self sufficient and our expectations were exceeded. I will try to go again in 06. I guess from reading all the posts that we were real lucky.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.