Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 12-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jlucky
Hi This is a great site I am new today but I am sure you will hear from me often. I have a question what is the difference between mirage and donat? Do they have different hunting ares? Is one better early in the season?
Everybody has the right to hunt all the same non resident territory. Does not matter what outfitter you stay with. Now what is the difference?? Same between a corvette and a chevette.!!! Mirage is very nice and great food and Donat is a dump and all you smell is the fuel oil furnaces you have in your bunk house!!! Stayed at both and would never go back to Donats.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Spike

Hi This is a great site I am new today but I am sure you will hear from me often. I have a question what is the difference between mirage and donat? Do they have different hunting ares? Is one better early in the season?
Comparing Mirage to Donat is like comparing a new Mercedes SLR to 1999 Toyota Corolla! If you can't find a place anywhere else than go for a place at Donat, but if you can get to the Mirage - it's worth the price difference. As for the hunting areas they don't have designated areas to hunt, you'll have to be prepared to travel as much as 200km each way to find your spots. They (Donat and Mirage) are only few kilometers apart from each other so the timing in the season makes no difference. This year when we were there (at Donat), the perfect location to be would be Kisski....(whatever the rest of that word is BTW - VERY nice place to be at!!) as the animals were right there. With that said, we had to travel as far as 150km from the camp to get to the hunting grounds. Three years ago friends of mine hunted right at the camp - two to five kilometers radius.

Last edited by splawik; 12-12-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Spike

I've been to both, Donat once and twice to the Mirage. Would go back to the Mirage, never to Donat's again. We were up this year, Dec 4-8th, Donat's was not even open. The upgrade rooms at the Mirage are well worth it, as nice as any fine hotel room. The food at the Mirage is outstanding. There is no definate advantage on the location, it depends were the caribou are, they were just east of the Mirage when we were there but who knows when or where next year. If your only option is Donat, go another year to another outfitter. Good Luck.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Spike

Amen to those that have stayed at donats (our group figured the name to means DO-NOT-STAY-AT ) lol . We have stayed at nochemi several times good food good people just to far to get into 22B Last year stayed at donats no power outlets in rooms , no running water had to walk outside to use restroom , your fridge is the front porch , and if your not back in to take a shower by 7:00 pm the gates are locked and you are out of luck, and you get 5 gal of water brougt to your dump each day , we hunters can put up with alot but this place is way to much , on top of it all they are as rude as they come , never stayed at mirage but have rented sleds and got fuel appears to be a nice place , we went to kisk this year I will book each year with them from now on SUPER people they truly care about you and go way out of there way to make sure every thing is top notch , with donats being empty maybe what goes around comes around as finally caught up with them
Old 12-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Spike

Default buy and sell land for FREE at LandSeen

landseen.com
Old 12-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Spike

Default Thanks

Hey thanks for the low down on the two outfitters. I am definetly going with Mirage. That is why these sites are great, they give you some good info. Do you guys use Fishfinder.com?

Went out Muzzleloader hunting this morning saw 5 flat tops but it was a great day out in the southern tier of NY.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Spike

Hey Slokie thanks for all the good info you have provided, It sure made our trip a little easier! Time to start ice fishing now!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Spike

Congrats to all you hunters this year. My third trip was last year and it was a bad one. Glad to see this was a better year. Last year I stayed at Mirage and the other 2 times at Donat's. Like many others I would never go back to Donat's. I was also disapointed in Mirage as it was under new management. I hear that the old owner/manager took over this year again so it was probably better. If I were to do it again I would probably try Kisk. But it is a long drive up there especially if the bou are down on the Transtaiga.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:54 AM
Spike

I have not been up for the hunt in a few years. What does it cost at Mirage for the first hunt these days. Thanks, Happy new year
Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cwcjr119
the other 2 times at Donat's. Like many others I would never go back to Donat's.
that place sucks cheese. he was such a mr. personality when i went twice. see it hasnt changed. if the MIRAGE goes back to the way it use to be at reasonable prices they will have a winner.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.