Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 02-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

they probably went to Camp Dumb Ass (Donat Asselin). That camp is run by pure idiots.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Seems like all the way up I am glad the sled stayed at home - but during the hunt I wish I had it for getting out to where some big racks are - also for pulling. Rental is better - but you still need drive from the lodge unless your rent a trailor. Best hunting with a sled to drive up into the zone and run out to look for nice bullls. Seen alot of neat rigs this past hunt - frames on 3/4 tons that allow for a machine storage in the bed and laying the animals on top with a hoist/winch to get them up. One truck had some canvas sides on thebed rack to keep road sludge out ofthe bed and the machine clean. Got somegood ideas for being able to bring amachine without a trailor - do not want to make the trip pulling a rig - more horror stories this past hunt from some guys from NY - nice, big, heavy duty trailors with nice big heavy duty problems - I think they left one for dead - not worth it.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Spike

The trailer dilema defiately has it's pros and cons. The last two trips we had an aluminum enclosed 5x10 which worked out well for bringing back the bou and hauling gear. We left it in camp while hunting. It is still a pain to haul that far. There are a lot of interesting set ups. I did make a box cover for the pickup out of 3/4 plywood. I hinged it in the center so it could open both ways or carry half a dozen bou on top. But it wont work well if I decide to haul the sled. Well, there's lots of time to think about it.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like the hunt was good after Dec. 1. Hope all are getting ready for this year. It's been nice down here in Florida. Been here since Valentines day. Warm weather, sunshine and plenty of Harley riding. One minor setback though. Had to have an emergency appendectomy last week but should be back on the bike by this weekend. The surgeon said the scar shouldn't show when I wear my speedo. Not much to do but work on my tan and got to flea markets for a while.Brought a bunch of caribou down. I don't think I would have survived the withdrawal for six weeks. Ten pounds of dry ice will keep a cooler full frozen for at least two days.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Spike

Hey Got a hunch, glad to hear you are doing well. Also glad your not rubbing retirement in our faces, yuk, yuk.
Denise shot a monster 11pt up here in cold NY. Offical dry score 142 4/8... Enjoy Florida..
Old 03-11-2009, 02:24 AM
Spike

Hi, Got A Hunch, I hope your home in Linwood isn't on the bay. I saw some nice pics on the news last night of houses completely engulfed by ice blown in off the bay. Florida sounds nice right now.. My boss is down there with his bike also.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Nope, I'm a mile and a half from the Bay. In the mean time Florida is great. Have put about 1200 miles on the Harley and life is good. Heading for home in a couple of weeks. Weather should be getting better by then up north.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

Wake up you guys. I know it's spring but hunting season will be here before you know it.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Yep, we set our Lobster traps tomorrow, Hope to make enough this season so I can make a Bou hunt... but we can only hope our prices will be fair...Rodney.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:45 AM
Spike

Has anyone looked at the migration maps? Awhile back they stopped showing the location of the George River herd which really does not much concern the winter hunt. This year I am going up in August to fly in and asked the outfitter why they stopped showing the George River herd. He said that the natives were using the map and going in with snowmobiles to slaughter hundreds at a time, thus they stopped helping them on the computer.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.