Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-20-2008, 11:18 AM

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Hi all,
First time posting to forums. Thanks for all your great input and I'll promise to give mine when I get back. Obviously vomming here is getting me to excited about the upcomming hunt. We will be up at Donat Asselin December 1.
Since this ismy first trip up (I'm bringing my 2 brothers and father who turned 69 last week), I'm wondering howlong it takes for the herd to move throughbefore there is nothing left but stragglers?
A friend of mine who went last year is comming again who had a lot of success on the same week, but I kow every year can be differant and now I'm wondering what to expect.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-21-2008, 07:40 AM

Got back yesterday, trip of a lifetime! Stayed at Mirage and everything was excellent. Just a heads up that new ownership has jacked up prices on everything, from gas, butchering, rates up 60% next year. Saw 5,000-10,000 animals per day. Lots of bulls had shed but good ones for patient hunters. Everyone at camp tagged out. When we left the caribou were crossing the main road from 380km down to 200km. Found lots of great little spots to get away from roads and all the hunters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGS9MvqaUwc

Old 11-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

Looks and sounds like a great trip, Campbery. If you just got back yesterday, you would feel right at home with all the snow we're getting.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Campbery tried to find ya up there glad you did well your right about a trip of a life time caribou everywhere by far the best caribou hunt I have been on since we started going in 2001 and yes there is new ownership Safari Nordic bought theMirage from Luco and Mary and yes the prices went up to $2300 next year big jump from this year maybe I'll try out west for Elk next year.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: fire3517

Campbery tried to find ya up there glad you did well your right about a trip of a life time caribou everywhere by far the best caribou hunt I have been on since we started going in 2001 and yes there is new ownership Safari Nordic bought theMirage from Luco and Mary and yes the prices went up to $2300 next year big jump from this year maybe I'll try out west for Elk next year.

Saw your truck by the trappers camp, that place was chaos,we were hunting the road across, great little spot, got any pics?
Old 11-22-2008, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

I know tell me about it we were the first ones there at daylight and after that all hell broke loose people shooting over our heads at the caribou we were watching. Got into a couple of arguements with them told them that there were millions of acres to hunt and the caribou weren't just here. We finally went across the ice the next day of the hunt to try to get away from all the people but it didn't work we parked doen at the end of the trappers boat launch so people would know we were across the ice but I guess it was an invitation for them.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats why I'll never go back fire, I had a great trip 2 years ago, tagged out with a great bull and nice eating cow. But the morons you encounter up there blow my mind! While dragging a cow in a sled across a lake a herd passed between me and a group on the other side of the lake and the idiots started shooting with me behind the herd! I dropped everything and ran for shore, fearing for my life! A herd of hundreds and they didn't drop one, probably wounded a few, I never caught up with them to tell them they shouldn't be allowed to own guns (or breed)!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

For some of you guys who like hunting in Quebec.Please go to the Big game forum and defend us. Some people got burned by an outfitter and are trying to blame the province of Quebec as well as the country of Canada. One bad apple does NOT spoile the barrel!!! Proud Qc. Canadian. Rodney.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Spike

just got back from Kisk, had a great hunt and no worries about the canteen burning down, they fed us every day
Old 11-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

here is a few pictures for you guys[/align][/align]

[/align]

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.