Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

We booked through Luco. They did a nice job. We flew from Montreal to Canapiscau and then float plane from there. No real monsters but redspectable animals. All were big body animals. I'll do it again in a year or two. This will probably my last year for the winter hunt. Time to move on to other things.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:44 AM

Getting pumped we're leaving in a week for the opener with mirage! From you guys that have done this trip before how are the maps looking as far as migration? It looks good to me but this is my first trip. Thanks.

http://www.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/english/wildlife/maps-caribou/maps.jsp
Old 11-06-2008, 06:45 AM
Spike

Anyone know how much snow is on the ground ?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Spike

will be making my first trip to Kisk this fall, be hunting the 19th. Am taking my 15 yr old with me as well, got to reward them when they do well in school and this might help keep him out od trouble.
Just picked up a new truck so vehicle troubles should be a non issue, got snow shoes, sled, hand warmers and gun, can;t think of anything else i might need.
can't wait
Old 11-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

leaving nov. 11 for the mirage looks like they will be comming down by Laforge 2 this year just like last year cant wait maybe we will see you Campbery i am driving a 2007 chevy 3/4 ton 4 door white with a topper and firefighter lights on top
Old 11-07-2008, 06:08 AM

ORIGINAL: fire3517

leaving nov. 11 for the mirage looks like they will be comming down by Laforge 2 this year just like last year cant wait maybe we will see you Campbery i am driving a 2007 chevy 3/4 ton 4 door white with a topper and firefighter lights on top
look forward to it, we're staying in a cabin, black GMC crew cab, so how was the timing last year with the same pattern???

Old 11-07-2008, 02:47 PM

We are hunting with Expeditions North Nov 200-22. Should be a black Ford F-150 Supercab and a Red Chevy Supercab. PA plates on both.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

last year Campbery there were a few crossing the Transtiga road and also Laforge 1 when the hunt started but you had to really watch for them and get them before the road hunters took them we had to rent two extra sleds to get to them on Laforge 2 cause the roads weren't plowed and 4x4 truck couldn't only make it to the Hydro station at Laforge 2 so we sledded in from there to where the heard was and we were the only ones there for the longest time because the weather was so bad snowing like a son of a gun we all got our caribou and were right in the heard so i think that Laforge 2 will be our best bet according to last weeks maps but next week will tell the story for every one if they continue to move down. We are staying in a cabin also a group of 4 see ya there we will arrive on the 13th.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

It looks like they're coming into position. Still above LA1 but looking good. They may a little sparse for the first hunt but I thinkyou will see animals. Hopefully the migration will be gradual and they will take their time moving through so all can have an opportunity to see a lot of animals. Good luck all.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:26 AM

Chumley
where is the camp for Expeditions North located ??

Dave

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.