Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 05-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

ORIGINAL: Dave2pa

Spike

Nord is Right,, NO MORE refunds ,was up last fall ,,doubled checked on the way back ,they stopped it in April 2007 .Just imagine how much moneyCanada isgetting from the Americans from these taxes ,

It's not just the Americans that pay the G.S.T. in Canada. I pay it every day, on everything I buy. And I've never gotten a refund! The tax for G.S.T. is 5%. It was 7% but it has been lowered. Maybe you could tell me where I could apply to get a refund for the taxes I pay on my US hunts?
Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 AM
Spike

Old 05-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: spike00

I don't know where that came from. I wasn't even addressing you!!! And I'm not the one whining. When the economy in both countries is in trouble, some of the perks disappear. When I can't afford something, I don't do it. There's a lot of hunts I'd like to go on but I can afford them.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

The issue with teh refund is based on 2 factors. 1 is that this tax is the provide services toCAN residents that I think are actually a huge benefit over what we have to pay in the US. Since we do not use the services, we should be able to getthe refund - and it is only for large purchases. Second issue is that this brings foreigners back and hopefully to spend more money as the boost to the economy is not the tax butthe goods that are purchased from the country.

All in all the refund was a good thing for CAN and US and removing it was ahuge debate and it maybe reinstated- no refund incentiveand weak dollar is hurting the CAN economy.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:36 PM

what is the GST used for ?? its your health care correct ??
keep in mind even when there was a refund program alotof theGST we paid could not be refunded ,,NO Refunds on GST on gas or food
Old 05-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Nord is right on with his analisys. But the deal is when revenue is down, government, no matter which side of the border, is going to get it where it can. They must figure that since we can afford to travel up to hunt caribou then we should be able to afford the tax. Whether we agree or not isn't relevant to them. Hopefully it may go back the other way when time get better but don't hold your breath.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

yep guys theres not much we can doabout it,we all know the old saing "if you want to play you got to pay"
Old 05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just know that between the gas prices, the drop in the exchange rate, and the ending of the GST rebate, our annual fishing trip to Northern Ontario has doubled in cost in just the last 5 years. We already reserved for this June but it's almost unanimous that this will be our last year

The 09 Bou trip is fizzling fast as well
Old 05-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

hey guys november is coming fast and getting excited about those bous running around all over the place.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:35 PM

I Have some spots open at the Mirage if anyone is interested Nov. 15 thru 18 th
Dave

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.