Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 01-30-2008, 06:06 PM

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

That is a pretty nice one. We were there at the same time and real nice racks were hard to come by.

Congrats.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Those were some nice onesthe first week we saw lots of bald ones you guys must have founf a good pod sitll good job quad
Old 02-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Spike

Time to start thinking about the 08 hunt. I'm at Mirage for 11/26-11/30. I hope it's as good as 07. It's always a good trip but it's better with lots of bou around. I'm building a hard cover for my truck that will be able to hold 6-8 caribou. Anyone have a good idea for one. I'm hoping to eliminate the trailer this time.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:11 PM

cwcjr, We use 2x's and 3/4" plywood to make hard bed covers. They easily handle 6-8 whole caribou. We have used a couple of variations. I can give you details if you need them.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can give you details if you need them.
ORIGINAL: caribou_sniper

cwcjr, We use 2x's and 3/4" plywood to make hard bed covers. They easily handle 6-8 whole caribou. We have used a couple of variations. I can give you details if you need them.
any pictures?
Old 02-05-2008, 06:50 PM

Looking for reservations at Mirage for next winter, 2008.

There have been several post by guys that are looking for someone to use their time in 2008 so they could skip a year, and not lose their reservations. If you, or someone you know, want to do this, I would really like to talk to you. I can put together a group of two to twelve, depending on the number available.

You can e-mail me at [email protected].
Old 02-05-2008, 07:22 PM

I'll post some pics as soon as I can, may take a day or two.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Spike

Bou Sniper,

Sounds about like what I was thinking. A picture or 2 would be great.
Anyone else out there with pics of your hard covers would be great also. Ideas trigger more ideas. Thanks
Old 02-06-2008, 06:25 PM

Here is a pic of the two truck we took this past season. This is as we were loading up to head home. Both trucks are loaded with 6 whole caribou. We use the area under the hard bed cover for our personal belongings, guns, tools, etc. The two bed covers are made slightly differently.

Mine on the left, is made out of 2x4 rails and 2x6 styles. It is a full 8ft long and is about 75" wide. It is through bolted with eye bolts to full length 11 ga plates I have attached to the top of my bed rails. It is topped with a full sheet of 3/4 plywood down the center and filler strips of 3/4 plywood down both sides.

My buddy's on the right, capped his bed rails with a 2x as a base for his cover and to raise the cover slightly. This allowed him to leave his tonneau cover in place. His tonneau cover is mounted to the inside of this bed rails not on top of them. He ran 2x6 rails across the 2x on top of his bed rails and used two full sheets of 3/4 plywood to cover the frame. He installed a 2x2 along the edge with some eyebolts. This was something I did not do, but I will add it the next time.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:43 AM

anybody have an opening for nouchimi camp in nov. 08? or a cabin ?

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.