Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 12-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

You're right, they may offer better deals on the earlier fall hunts. But I'm not really interested in hunting till they're out of velvet. That's generally after Sept. 15. My hunting partner has gone the last two years with Luco and has had pretty good luck, plus it's an extra full day hunting and about $1,000 cheaper than Mirage, although the camps may not be quite as nice. I've done the winter hunt with Mirage for eight years and would like to do the fly in with them but a thousand bucks is a thousand bucks. We'll see how things turn out.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rodmax

we need them now to get into the US from Canada!!
I just heard that this is likely going to be delayed another year. We'll see soon.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Nord QC Bouman a third tag would be great to start getting the numbers of bous down for a few years anyways and also the affordable price would also be a plus been going to the mirage for 5 years now and going in 2008 and the price rises each year
Old 12-31-2007, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

This sounds like a good hunt - I spoke with these guys and they are really looking to accomodate hunters. I think the outpost camps sound about like Mirage - wood floor, heatand 3 plans depending on what you want. I think the Semi-American plan looks hte best for us - I cannot see bringing in supplies andimplementsfor meal. The food sounds fine and the semi plan just means you are unguided and drag your animals out to the camp - not a big deal and they tellme most is vis boat to the range and it isdownhill to the water after your shoot. I agree a thousand bucks can go a long way into the winter hunt and it seems to be apples to apples when you get to the outpost. I think the only real differnce is thenight at Mirage on both ends. Caniapiscau is lot quite like Mirage but hell it is warm and the food is good and you don't have to drive the 629 km out to it! Overall it seems like a reeal good price given thestay and flight from Montreal, flight to thecamps and back. You can also take 210 lbs of meat back and 2racks whihc is not a bad deal. They also say most can bring the second rack wholesince there is generally cargo roomon the flight back to Montreal.

Are you guys a definate for 15 SEP 08? Let me know -I may be able to get a group of 4 of 6to go this trip.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

We are booked with Luco the last week in September. My hunting partner handles all the arrangements with them since he has hunted with them the last two years. I handle all the arrangements with Mirage since I've been doing it for the last eight years. We may have openings for Nov 30, 2008 if you know anyone who's interested. I'm going to do the double hunt in '08 and see how it goes from there. If retirement income supports it I might do it again. I've got a buddy who already wants me to work for him part time when I retire. My thought is I want a chance to do nothing for a while just because I can.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope everyone has a great new year with all the trophy,s they are hunting for.
Must be some late bou hunters with some pics and results to post soon??
Old 01-01-2008, 01:51 PM

I HAVE BEEN GOING WINTER CARIBOU HUNTING FOR THE LAST 10 YRS AT MIRAGE:SAME DATE ( JAN 18 TO JAN22 ) SUCCESSFUL 9 YRS OUT OF 10 YRS. YES IT GETS COLD BUT WE ENJOY THE SKI-DOO HUNTING. I HAVE ASKED THE OPINION OF MANY HUNTERS WHO HAVE TRIED ALL THE OUTFITTERS & THEY ALL AGREE, MIRAGE IS THE BEST FOR ALL SERVICES.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

whats going on with everyone no talking in quite a while? Who is going this year i know i am again staying at the mirage fist hunt of the season.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:19 PM

Hey guys,
We had a great time up at mirage Nov. 26-29. We all limited out except my brother. He got a huge trophy our first day. He had plenty of chances to shoot another bull of lesser quality. I would definetly do that hunt again. How do you post pics onto this forum? Sorry for the delay on the hunting report.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

We've already begun talking of going back up in 2009...I think I'll be over that long drive by then...

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.