Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

does anyone have web sites for any of these outfitters. I have found Donat's site, but that is it.

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:11 PM

here is the web site for the mirage
http://www.mirageoutfitter.com/english/index_chasse_an.cfm
Old 11-24-2007, 04:16 PM

this is the site for camp kiskimaastakin
http://www.kiskimaastakin.com/

Old 11-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Spike

Harness Racer,

The group I know that went in January already had mounted bou's and went meat hunting. It is my understanding that the hunting depends highly on where the bou are wintering. If theyremain in the correct hunting area, if they are rechable by sled. My friend had no troubles, of course hunting is hunting ans as they say the bou are there or not. I'm from snow belt Norhtern NY. Tughill gets a little snow...
Old 11-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

First of all there is no Val Caron, Val Therese or Hanmer any more. It's now known as The Greater City of Sudbury. LMAO. Just kidding bro.

I've been caribou hunting in Dec. and Jan. more than once. Well...a lot!! If the caribou are there, no problem getting them. But like it's been said, you can run into -30 or more. But that should be no big deal for you. I have never hunted on a snowmobile in all the years I have been hunting them. If you shoot one on a lake there is always somebody here that will go out for $20 and pull it off. Yes the lower price later in the season attracts people.But it's a rougher hunt than in Nov. Like it was also said, most of the bulls have lost their horns but on the other hand I've shot some nice bulls that had them in Jan.

Are you planning on going up this Dec. or Dec. of 08.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Spike

I have read with much interest of where people are looking to book. It is probably just one man's opinion, but go to northerncaribouadventuressucks.com and see what the guy has to say before booking at donat's place
Old 11-24-2007, 04:54 PM

harness racer i have a cold beer and a bit of moose stir fry for u to try
Old 11-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bob in pa

I have read with much interest of where people are looking to book. It is probably just one man's opinion, but go to northerncaribouadventuressucks.com and see what the guy has to say before booking at donat's place

Well I've seen that before. Just wasn't sure it was the same website. What he says about the French Canadians borders on slander. Yes it sounds like he hada bad trip. He should have been checking this forum, eh! Because it was stated here that the caribou weren't there..in dozens of posts. And he booked through a 3rd party which isn't good either. You noticed he didn't leave his name or anyway to rebuff what he says. But I can see all that happening on occasion. Every hunting place has it's bad hunters. That doesn't mean their all bad. I've had a bad experience at Nouchimi and yes the accommodations at Donats are less than great, and I've been there several times. The one comment that bothers me the most is he says they don't like Americans...just their money. Well I can tell you that's an outright lie. He only says that to further boast his bad experience. Do you suppose it could be one in particular that they didn't like because of attitude?? I can't say for sure because I wasn't there. But I do believe that most of his comments and statements are exaggerated and blown way out of proportion to further his own means. It's like an unsigned letter reporting something and that tends to make me very, very suspicious. If they had the nerve to make that website they should have had the guts to sign it.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:36 PM

Darkside - your absolutely right my taxes say exactly that G. city of Sudbury . I wish it was this dec. but unfortunatly it will be 2008 . Safebuster and I are really looking forward to it . We are avid hunters , okay die hards , but have no experience at caribou , so we are asking as many questions as we can just so we pick the spot that will give us the max opportunity! I really like this forum the members are really helpfull to one another. Are you coming along?
Old 11-24-2007, 05:39 PM

safebuster- do you have an acura 3.2tl tranny to go with that ? What do you think of this donat report from bob in pa.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.