Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Sounds like it would almost pay off on meat! Also a good resume builder
Old 02-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-23-2004, 11:48 AM

Otis, I am wondering what time of year you hunted. We will be filming the herds and doing some bowhunting so when the bou are in the forest would the best time imo. Any info or recommendation would be great.

The tiago road looks like an amazing trip in February by the way.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:38 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

What kind of temperature range can be expected in late Nov or early Dec up there? Celcius or farenheiht?
Thanks!
Old 02-26-2004, 02:06 AM

Here is a site:

http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/fo...nada/qc_e.html

Also check weathernetwork. They have the beauport adress mentioned above. Don't know exactly where this place is , and beauport could be a mail adress only. The hydro is NNcentral. There are historic stats stats for Quebec city on the weathernetwork, but it could easily be 20 deg F warmer.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:41 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-13-2004, 04:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys, especially you, Otis, for all the good input. I booked a hunt with Nouchimi for Dec 4-8 this year.
Anyone know where I can get a decent road map for that area. I realize that it's basically one road in the hunting area but it looks like the roads in are very sparsely populated and was just wondering where I might find a map that gives us an idea where to gas up, eat maybe sleep on the way up and back. We'll be coming up through Buffalo, Toronto etc. Been as far as New Liskeard a dozen or more times but we generally turn west there toward Matachewan. I'm about 4 1/2 hours from Buffalo so we're probably gonna allow 40+ hours to get there so we can sleep for a few hours if it gets too bad or to allow for bad weather delays.

Any other tips from you guys experienced at this would be welcome!

I might be able to return the favor with plenty of info if any of you ever decide to try Illinois for their hawg whitetails

Thanks again to all you guys!!
Old 03-13-2004, 10:13 AM

I'm looking forward to filming at Mirage. Let everyone know how we made out when we get back.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would never use donat asselin nothern caribou adventures ever again. STAY FAR AWAY!!!!!!! for an extra 100$ or so i would go to the mirage. at least they have showers and excellent hot meals. donat asselin didnt even have the balls to call my hunting party to say the caribou were no where to be found the week of thanksgiving i went. i would have stayed home and avoided the 32 hour drive from new jersey as well as the killer gas prices and icy treacherous roads. this road trip is not for the faint hearted. i made the journey 2 years in a row. the roads are horrible and unless you have a vehicle with a long wheel base and studded tires i wouldnt waste my time. bring extra parts like fuel filters. battery packs LOTS OF DRY GAS! AND MOST IMPORTANTLY CALL TO SEE IF THE HERDS ARE IN THE AREA BEFORE YOU TURN THE KEY!. they have them radio collered and sattellite monitored. it can be a rewarding hunt. i quartered my animals with the skin on at the time of kill. no gutting just 4 quarters and the back straps. GOOD LUCK!

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.