Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 10-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

good luck on ur hunt ...post some pics if possible ...
Old 10-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Spike

Anybody else check out the most recent satellite tracking map? I was suprised to see them posting them again. Even though the maps only represent a fraction of the total heard migration the results worry me. Compared to last years migration they are way further South and only about 200 kms from the Trans Taiga Road. Judging by the map some of them travelled almost 400 kms in a week. I hope the weather stays warm and holds them up for a while. I know here in Northern Ontario we are getting warm weather this week and more rain which will get rid of the snow we got earlier. Also I have observed in the past migration maps that the heards sometimes head back North when the weather warmed up. Anyone have any contacts up there that they have been talking with about the migration?
Old 10-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Spike

Luke im feeling the same way im going up in two weeks but if im reading maps right they are way too far south im worried???!!!! Walter what do you think ? Somebody put my mind at ease please! Any body up north can give us more info please! Thanks jim
Old 10-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Spike

Hey Perrywinkle I am going to Asselin's from the 26th to the 29th which is if I remember correctly about 1 1/2 weeks after you go up. Hopefully more people get onto the forum after coming back from their hunt and post some of their observations. I hope you post your observations and pics of your successful hunt after you get back. I wouldn't mind knowing how much snow their is, how the ice conditions are and what locations the caribou are crossing the Trans Taiga Road. If I am talking to anybody local in Timmins where I live I will ask them about their hunt and post the information as well.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:29 AM
Spike

Great im going with donat the 17 to 19 ill post pics and give you a heads up what i can! Lasy night i dropped an email to mirage to see whats going on hopefully i'll hear something? (donat wont be going up to camp just a few days before we go? so they cant give any info on herd or weather?!) I'm sure it will all work out! did you happen to read post from me about one in my party broke a hip! So i was going to take my 14 year old son (maybe) anything you can tell me if he could go?he has hunter safety course cert. is there an age limit?
Old 10-29-2009, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

The Quebec Government web site (www.fapaq.qc.ca) will give the rules and regs on sport hunting in Quebec. I think I read somewhere that you can hunt at 12 but need to be accompanied by an adult.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:16 AM
Spike

Perrywinkle I checked the Quebec Natural Resources website and it says that a non-resident can obtain a hunting licence at the age of 12. Check it out under the webpage I attached under the heading of hunting licence. I suggest you also call Asselin and ask them because they issue the caribou licences to their guests. If he hunts in Ohio I would bring proof of his hunting licences from Ohio. I know in Ontario that 15 is the age limit for residents and non-residents and proof of hunting experience from another jurisdiction is required by the latter. I checked the weather at La Grande Quatre this AM and it is just at freezing and they are predicting above freezing temperatures and rain for the next few days. When they is no ice on the reservoirs and lakes it takes them longer to cover ground and it slows them down because they have to swim or walk around. I also attached the weather network website if you are curious about the weather up there. You have to enter La Grande-1, Quebec, for the search location to get the weather. http://www.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/english/publications/online/wildlife/hunting-regulations/licences-certificate/questions.asp#licence
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caqc0249
Old 10-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Spike

Thanks guys.... its great to have someone you can talk to with out all the red tape! we'll see whats going on up there in couple weeks...And try to pay you all back with pics and stories!!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

perrywinkle you will be ok for ur hunt .not much food for them up north ..and next week the temperature will drop ..in the mean time " dream" check below ....

Old 10-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Spike

It won't take a bull that big to fufill my dreams!! (but it would be nice!!)

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.