Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 08-27-2004, 02:31 PM

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Did you order the snow camo over the internet or via the catalog number? When you say they are the ones that go over your clothes they go over the standard bibs and jacket and are thin layers of snow camo?

If we don't have snow shoes should we order in some?
Old 08-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

How can you not have snow shoes? Everybody has snow shoes, how do you get out to the sled dogs in February without sinking up to your elbows? Just kidding. If you have em bring them but I would not buy a pair and never use them again If I did not live in snow country. You can still move around without them OK. Geeez you southern boys, do you at least have long underwear?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Geez Terry, I been called a lotta things but "southern boy" aint one of em! I did just get a pair of snowshoes but can think of some times they woulda been handy round here. Also just spent a good bit on polartech fleece long undies at Cabelas. Ya gotta humor us southern boys. We just aint accustomed to anything much below zero farenheit.
I fish in Matachewan every June but thats only about the halfway point for this trip.

Plain and simple.... Y'All just plain got us a little skeerd of all that cold stuff up thar!

After we do it once we won't be skeerd ever again. EH?
Old 08-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTB,
Just having a bit of fun with you guys. Actually I hunted deer in Tioga county around 15 years ago and she was pretty cold if I remember correctly. I can't think of anything else to pass on, I think we have around 100 posts on this hunt now so there should not too many surprises. Dress warm, be careful and be prepared for people to want to go with you on your second trip up there after they see the pictures and taste those caribou steaks!
Old 08-30-2004, 05:47 AM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Geez Terry, I been called a lotta things but "southern boy" aint one of em! I did just get a pair of snowshoes but can think of some times they woulda been handy round here. Also just spent a good bit on polartech fleece long undies at Cabelas. Ya gotta humor us southern boys. We just aint accustomed to anything much below zero farenheit.
I fish in Matachewan every June but thats only about the halfway point for this trip.

Plain and simple.... Y'All just plain got us a little skeerd of all that cold stuff up thar!

After we do it once we won't be skeerd ever again. EH?
I took it ("southern boys") as a compliment!

When I get back from Nouchimi I plan to use my snowshoes for a makeshift crawfish trap.

Kenneth Smith
Monroe, Louisiana USA
Old 08-30-2004, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mullis, Just noticed your question about the snow camo. Saw it in a catalog and ordere online. It's sposed to fit over your warm clothing. It'll be here tomorrow if UPS is on time. I'll let ya know more then.

Caionnech, When are you hunting with Nouchimi? We are there Dec 4,5,6,7. Bring some of them crawdads with you!
Old 08-30-2004, 10:31 AM

We have a group of 6 going to Nouchimi on Nov. 19th. We will be coming from central NY. I will post results when I get back to let you guys know how things are going.
This site has been a big help to me. This is going to be my first trip up there. The guys I am going with have gone every other year since 1990 and only in 1998 did they get skunked. They say that is the year the herd never came through.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Mullis, Just noticed your question about the snow camo. Saw it in a catalog and ordere online. It's sposed to fit over your warm clothing.
The set I'm getting is from Cabela's:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...inCatcat470076

One of the sets is as you say (coveralls) while others are insulated, like the military spec clothing. No one down here has, or cares to get, snow camo clothing!!

BTBowhunter, I'll be up there in Dec 2d 2005!

Kenneth Smith
Monroe, Louisiana
Old 08-30-2004, 03:05 PM

Thanks for noticing....just joking. Yeah, let me know how those work. I wear 2xlt, usually in coveralls, bibs, etc. I am not sure if those would be big enough to fit outside my normal gear. I look forward to your reply.....when are you going up?

Dec 2-5 with Donat for me (I know not to go back, but I just need a place to sleep and a place to hunt).

Talk to you soon.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

I'm booked with Donat for the 11/20-11/23 of 2005. Plan on driving up from Pittsburgh with 3 other buddies. Please take notes on your trips up this year-----post some photo's also.

I tried to get in with Mirage for 3 years----finally gave up.

Also tried with Nouchimi but they only book for 1 year out. My buddies wanted to go in 05, Northern Caribou were taking reservations for 05 so we took it.

Plan on going Thanksgiving week of 05----then back in time for PA's deer opener !!!

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.