Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 How have you guys been doing for deer in central/Northern Ontario? >

How have you guys been doing for deer in central/Northern Ontario?

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

How have you guys been doing for deer in central/Northern Ontario?

Old 11-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Spike

Default How have you guys been doing for deer in central/Northern Ontario?

I just got back on Friday from Unit 49. Wow, what a slow year. We had freezing rain, a little wet snow, and lots of wind. Of the 5 of us who could make it this year, we only got a 6 pt, an 8 pt, and a doe. I got the 6 on opening morning, one of the boys tagged the 8 on Wednesday night, and he got the doe on Thursday morning, and he saw another doe on Thursday night, but couldn' t get a shot (we had 2 doe tags). Those were the only deer we saw the entire week. Lots of sign, but they just weren' t moving during shooting light. Just curious he you guys have been doing?
Old 11-10-2003, 07:02 AM

Default RE: How have you guys been doing for deer in central/Northern Ontario?

I was hunting about an hour up the 401,, from Windsor. between the 5 of us we took a huge 10 point an 8 a 6, and 2 does. I searched for a big buck saturday afternoon and ALL of sunday. I flipped him at 110 yards saturday morning and he got up and made into a huge dogwood swamp. Destroyed my new neoprenes waders trying to find him,, the coyotes ate well im sure! Weve got a major yote problem, we had 2 deer partially eaten by the time we recoverred them this past week,, both were eaten after found and tagged in the afternoons when guys went out to get help for the drags.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:38 AM

Dad and uncle hunted for a week up in Alliston, saw a lot of deer but they were either the wrong sex or too far (Shotgun Zone).

Almost hit a big buck on the 400 just north of King Road yesterday, walked out of the field up to the gravel edge of pavement when it got spooked and ran back into the field and kept going. Not a lot of points but a real big neck and chest.

Heading out next week, keep you posted

Old 11-10-2003, 06:38 PM
Spike

Swampthing, I didn' t know that there was anyone else from Windsor on this sight. I moved here from North Bay in 99. I' m going to be bowhunting on a co workers property in Harrow next week. Congrats on the deer.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:29 PM

Take a ride up the 401,, you may be pleasantly surprised at what you can find an hour or hour and a half away! Harrow has some nice properties, but very limitted. Lots of farmers just begging for people to kill deer an hour or 2 away.

Do any waterfowling?? I want to get out and put the hurt on some divers in the next week or so, regular partner is on days,, im on afternoons and have a very convenient diver hole and the am' s off!
Old 11-11-2003, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

I have had a good year so far. Shot a nice bull moose near Atakokan in Early Oct. Took a nice fat doe here bow hunting in late October and shot two deer (doe,fawn) in our regular gun season. We have a ML season the first week in Dec and I have a buddy who hasn' t filled his tag yet. I hope to do it.Thank god for party hunting. LOL Got out Saturday and Monday for quackers Sat= 12 Mallards, Monday not much flying we only got 8. I hunt Lake Huron and haven' t seen very many divers this year, all mallards
Old 11-11-2003, 09:08 AM
Spike

Swampthing,
I try to get out for waterfowl as much as I can, but my work schedule keeps me pretty tied up. I made it out twice for the nuisence goose season, and got 7 between both days. I usually rent blinds out at Big Creek, but the blinds are too far from the water so, I have to wade up to the waters edge in order to get any shooting. Why don' t you e-mail me at [email protected], and we' ll try to put together a day.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-12-2003, 02:18 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

I am hearing a lot of excuses this year the top two are the weather and all the standing corn.

Quick Reply: How have you guys been doing for deer in central/Northern Ontario?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.