Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!! >

Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!!

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!!

Old 12-01-2009, 07:53 PM
jgv
Spike

Angry Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!!

Just came back from quebec caribou hunting. WE STAYED AT NOUCHIMI. has anyone heard of this one. My self and 2 other hunters were returning to camp on the LA1 road. When we were stoped by 2 game wardens going the oposit way. I was driving i had one guy next to me and the other in the back seat. they came up to both sides of the truck ask to see licenses and normal stuff. then they both went to the passanger side and made my to buddies get out of the truck. now let me say all our guns were unloaded. they took both of my freinds guns, and bullets a total of 5 bullets. they left mine alone. they looked in all the guns and said there guns were loaded. we said hey no they are empty the bolts were whide open. they said no they are loaded and whent to the truck and wrote 2 tickets in french came back and handed it to them and told them in brooken english that they were going to pay $638.00 each in fines. we said again what for they said the guns were loaded we said no they are empty. the one said if you dont like it pleade not guilty and come back to quebec for a trial. now they go back to the truck and get the guns. the one gun was put back in the rear seat. the other put back in the front seat. now let me say this when they took the guns they took the bullets 4 from one guy and 1 from the other. when they returned the guns 1 bullet was missing. guess were it was. they planted it in the gun in the front seat and handed it to us that way. why i dont know.
we were robbed and set up by what is suppose to be the law! please tell me if this has been heard of befor. we were told by the locals at camp it was. by the way nouchimi did nothing for us. it was bad enough there were no caribou but to have that happen wow. I have never been treated so poorly my whole life. once we get the tickets translated in to english i will post the names of each officer.
please someone respond and if you heading there be very carfull.

Last edited by jgv; 12-01-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

You wrote....they took both of my freinds guns, and bullets a total of 5 bullets. after reading ur posting i have to ask [where were the 5 bullets ? ] if u only gave them ur rifles ..where the bullets in ur clip ??? something is not right here ..
Old 12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Spike

jgv,
You already posted this on the caribou post, why are you now making a new post.
I mentioned on the other site that if your buddies had bullets in the clip attached to the gun, it is considered loaded, you never answered back but started another post.
Something doesn't sound right here, I believe your buddies had bullets in their clips and the gamewardens are charging them with having a loaded firearm in the vehicle.
This does not make the gamewardens crooked, it says their doing their job, your buddies are lucky they didn't loose their guns also, sound to me like these gamewardens gave you guys a break!
The gamewardens wouldn't have asked for the bullets, if they got bullets from your buddies....they were in the clip and they had loaded firearms in the vehicle
Sounds like heinz57 has you figured out also.
So......what is it, answer the question...there were bullets in the clip weren't there?
Hey, we all make mistakes..that's life.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:07 PM
jgv
Spike

hey guys just got home from work and loged on. i am trying to figure this posting thing out never done it befor. so go easy. The bullets in the front seat were on the center console then ended up on the floor when i slamed on the brakes. total of 4 bullets. the truck slid on the snow past them remember they were driveing towards us. these guys jamed there truck in reverse so fast and cut us off so quick it was unreal.the hunter in the back seat had 1 bullet next to him on the seat. total shells 5. the gun in the front was a 30 06. the gun in the back was a 7mm. they took the guns out of the truck and the shells. we handed them nothing. the bullet they planted was in the o6. they placed the guns back in the truck were they found them and handed both guys there shells. 3 shells to the guy in front. we never asked about the 4th shell because we were trying to fiquer out what was going on. hey man we were scared. there is a language barrier there. all our guns were empty and all the bolts were open!!!!! i was the driver they never made me get out they looked in my gun a 06 to and all so in the front but next to the passanger. my shells were in my pocket. they never took my gun it stayed in the truck with me the whole time. while they were in there truck writeing the tickets. i posted this to warn every one what went on. i've been reading this forum all summer prepairing for this trip. there are plenty of post's with problems with game warrdens in these 200 + pages. you cant make this stuff up. please take warrning. i have one ticket in front of me waiting to get translated the one officers name looks like nicalus veilleux. best i can tell.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:32 PM
jgv
Spike

hey heinz57 i replied to you as soon as i could. hey i know how far out this sounds. i still cant beleve it my self. there was a guy at the pumps back at nouchimi a nice guy. we asked him if he as ever herd of anything with the wardens and he said yes all the time. he said that last year it was so bad that hunters left because the wardens would follow them i the woods every day and write tickets. he told us there is 2 teams 1 older guys the other younger guys. the young ones were trying to m ake a name for them selfves. and the older ones were ok.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:43 PM
jgv
Spike

hey bjess i replied as soon as i got on tonight. hey i suck at this and cant type. so go easy. i just want everyone to know what happened. i live in new york 2 years ago i donated a robo deer to our DEC. it was posted in the new york outdoor news. i am a stright shooter and have respect for the law. what i am telling you is the truth!!!!!!!!!! this was our first trip here and it turned bad quickly. but for new guys and very little caribou around we did shoot 2 and in the woods. anyone who was there last week will tell you if you wanted a animal you had to work for it. i was on this forum till just befor we left takeing down all the info. and for that i thank all the guys who posted befor me.
thank you
Old 12-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Typical Buck

you wrote" my shells were in my pocket. they never took my gun " the game warden must have thought that they dumped they're shells realy fast on the floor ..if the rifles were empty like you stated and all they're shells were in they're pockets none of this would have happened ..ps. i am not condeming anybody i just want to get the facts straight..
Old 12-03-2009, 05:39 AM
Spike

jgv
In your first post you say....
"they took both of my freinds guns, and bullets a total of 5 bullets. they left mine alone"
In another post you say.....
"i was the driver they never made me get out they looked in my gun a 06"
These are kind of conflicting statements jgv, I also find it a little strange that your buddies would have the bullets laying around the truck and not in the clip in their pockets or at least the bullets in their pockets.
Just out of curiousity, why do you have the ticket with you if it was the other guys that got the tickets?
I got to tell you, if what you are saying is true, this is a pretty serious matter.
These officers can find enough infractions with just regular checks, they certainly don't need to make things up and go to the trouble of writing a ticket.
I am not saying you made up this story to go in your favour, but I certainly find it difficult to believe and if this is true and did happen to you like you say, I would be taking the matter further.
I would start by contacting your lawyer, talking to him/her and taking their advice.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bjess
jgv
I would start by contacting your lawyer, talking to him/her and taking their advice.

That's not very good advice for the province of Quebec. It would just be a couple of thousands of dollars more wasted. I'm right here and I wouldn't even try that.

I've noticed that these posts are also being doubled up in the caribou hunting forum. No need for the same thing to be going on in two forums. They need to be moved from there to here.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Spike

Darkside55,
You may be right, just pay the fine and learn from it, that would be the easy thing to do, but I am sorry, I won't just lay down and die.
If some cop or gamewarden charges me with something I didn't do, I will be darned if I am going to roll over and plead guilty and pay a fine so it will go away.
I don't know if jgv's buddies are guilty or not, he says there not guilty, so if that's the case then do something about it, don't just come on here and complain...do something.
I can tell you I would be kicking up a storm, calling the gamewardens supervisors etc., talking to the provincial govenment and finding out who to talk to, writing letters to everyone including the media.
It won't cost but a few dollars to mail letters, send emails and make some phone calls, but to just roll over and plead guilty and pay the fine....I don't think so.
Talking to your lawyer to find out what you can do won't cost much if anything either.
Maybe after all is said and done you end up paying the fine, well so be it, at least you tried to defend yourself instead of doing nothing and allowing people to pounce all over you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.