Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
2011 Canadian Hunting Adventures >

2011 Canadian Hunting Adventures

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2011 Canadian Hunting Adventures

Old 10-18-2012, 01:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dry cow means moose in the freezer. Cut her up tonight and have a problem....fork only...no knife required! First farmland moose I have shot, crazy tender and wow lack of fat!

Found a mulie of interest gonna head out saturday to see if I can't get closer with the smoke pole. Got a cow elk hunt for buddies lined up the next weekend so if I don't close the deal have to wait till nov. likely on the mulie!

Take care all...good hunting
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Canadian Hunting Adventures-jeff-moose-2012.jpg  
Old 11-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

hey all!
long time now chat. hope you're all taking care of yourselves...I see that some of you still come and chat. Anything big down this year? I managed to get my first goat, unfortunately he had busted his horns from a fall (and lived). Didnt bother me too much as the adventure was in the hunt not this kill

the mountain he was on:

Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey all, not much happening I see. Hope your season has been good. Congrats AG on your goat!

Been a tough deer season for me. Started with Mulie Chasing a stud for weeks only to find out the reason he vanished was via a poacher...URG! With only a few days to hunt I went into plan B,C,D and E..ended making a snap decision on the last day I had to hunt on a buck I jumped while silent hunting. All I got was him running away at 32" wide and a corkscrew dropper I shot first and questioned later. Character, wide and heavy but not the sugar plums I had dancing in my head when I got my tag. Never saw this deer previously...which I found weird for mulie's in relatively open terrain. Guess that's hunting!

Whitetails has been a chore to say the least. I haven't been able to scrounge up anything close to a shooter in my favourite spots. My trail cams tell the same bleak picture. Numbers are actually up on does and fawns but bucks are nowhere what they should be. I have moved my cam in hopes an old haunt will produce but with only a few days available I am not overly optimistic. I have been struggling to keep motivated. My hunting buds are finding the same thing in there whitetail adventures. Any way with a week left one must remain persistent as the off season is a long one to second guess half arse efforts.

Good Hunting and be safe!

PS sorry about the field pic my daughter was along that day and assured me it was a "good one dad"! The gash across my nose is from a hockey stick a couple nights earlier, courtesy of my nephew!
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Canadian Hunting Adventures-image.jpeg  
Old 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

right on! hes got character in my books!
dont give up on whitetails - has your weather been warm? pic doesnt look like it... clear nights?

im planning a trip down to a family ranch in 302 - any of you guys hunt that far south west?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

No it s been below normal in fact. Last few days with windchill -25 to -30. Snow hasn't really added much since my mulie, had a short windy warm spell which moved a lot then skiff here and there since. For most part prime whitetail hunting temps just not panning out. I wont give up but its my hardest year that I can remember in a longtime to stay positive.

Good Luck Ag! No help here on your query!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tag firmly placed on the christmas tree now. I out in 2 1/2 more days hunting whitetails but to no avail, saw deer just nothing I would shoot. Such is life. Always next season. Time to go ice fishing soon!