Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
Caribou Hunting Quebec Canada??? >

Caribou Hunting Quebec Canada???

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Caribou Hunting Quebec Canada???

Old 11-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Spike

Question Caribou Hunting Quebec Canada???

Has anyone used this outfitter in Canada to hunt Caribou?

Select Wilderness Adventures Inc.

Thanks in advance,

Bigdogpete

Last edited by bigdogpete; 11-18-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Change title
Old 11-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Spike

Where are they? In Quebec every licensed outfitter is listed on MNRF's site.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Spike

Default Select Wilderness Adventures Inc.

Originally Posted by splawik
Where are they? In Quebec every licensed outfitter is listed on MNRF's site.
I went to the government website and they aren't listed. I read the companies website a little closer and they must just be the booking agents. The website says they guide and work with outfitters.

http://www.selectwilderness.com/home
Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be carefull. Quebec caribou outfitters in general have a pretty bad reputation right now. 3 in the past couple of years have gone "out of business" keeping all of the deposits and payments they had received from U.S. hunters. Some have then resurfaced under new names. Plus the Q/L caribou herd is in a big decline in numbers. I haven't read that they really know the reason why.

I personally wouldn't consider Quebec in fear of getting screwed. If I had to go to Quebec, about the only one I would consider is Jack Hume Adventures. The owner (Richard Hume) posts alot on BowSite and seems to be pretty honest.

Best of luck which ever way you end up going.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:31 PM
car
Typical Buck

I lost $5300 by booking a caribou hunt in Quebec with Tuttulik Outfitters in 2008. It has happen with other Outfitters too. You don't have a leg to stand on if they won't hold up their end of the deal. Better look somewhere else to hunt. The government won't do anything about it. Stay out of Quebec!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Spike

HI ALL, I talked to the outfitter/owner of the camp i bou hunt at and as of this time the govement has stop all caribou hunting as of for know till the tribes & govement&
mnr work out what will happen in 2011 and beyond, caribou are declineing don't know why. should know this week !! as for what the others are saying they are right.
i know of 12 guys that lost over $25,000.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:32 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
Be carefull. Quebec caribou outfitters in general have a pretty bad reputation right now. 3 in the past couple of years have gone "out of business" keeping all of the deposits and payments they had received from U.S. hunters. Some have then resurfaced under new names. Plus the Q/L caribou herd is in a big decline in numbers. I haven't read that they really know the reason why.

I personally wouldn't consider Quebec in fear of getting screwed. If I had to go to Quebec, about the only one I would consider is Jack Hume Adventures. The owner (Richard Hume) posts alot on BowSite and seems to be pretty honest.

Best of luck which ever way you end up going.
Richard and his wife Amanda are absolute stand up people. If I were going to hunt Caribou again, I wouldn't call anyone else.

When everything goes right on a hunt, it's easy to be good. Richard and Amanda go the extra mile to make sure the experience is good and when it isn't; they'll even go further to make sure they make you whole.

They have a lot of camps throughout the region and are constantly scouting. I would say they have 4-5 times the camps that they actually occupy to make sure the groups are seeing caribou. If you're in a camp that isn't seeing numbers, they'll move you to another that is seeing them.

They aren't the cheapest or most expensive, but as far a providing an outstanding experience, I don't think you'll find better.

Good luck
Old 08-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Spike

Vc vb vnxcvnc