Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
Information needed for a friend >

Information needed for a friend

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Information needed for a friend

Old 01-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default Information needed for a friend

I've been asked by a couple of friends for info on an outfitter in Alberta, Canada, who hunt bear and moose and I know nothing about them. So I thought I would ask here. Has anyone ever hunted with this outfitter and how was your experience. I've tried all the usual sources and have found no reviews. Thanks in advance.

Happy Hunters Guiding & Outfitting Inc
Old 01-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

A good place to ask would be Alberta Outdoorsman website (forums). Alot of those guy's are guides and may have worked for them or know the guys. I'd also ask for references, if they are reputable they should gladly give you some peoples names and I'd ask alot of questions, don't just look on the website. I've heard some horror stories of illegal activity, poor hunting practices, etc. from many outfitters and if you are paying that kind of money you definately would want a decent guide. Good luck!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the reply. That's the first place I looked along with everywhere else...lol. I checked some of their references..good to medium response. I have a couple of kids that live very close to them. Going to have them take a drive up. Thanks again J.D.