Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!! >

Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!!

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!!

Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jgv
UPDATE
its been 3 months on the advice of the local congressmans office my friends have requsted copies of the tickets in english as per instructions on the back of the ticket. To this date they have not sent them? Our congressman says not to do anything.
At this point i wonder why they cant get a copy as per there legal rights??
follow your congressmans advice ...
Old 02-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe the request wasn't in french? Or maybe they figure the heat is coming on and they don't want to set themselves up for more grief. At minimum, you should avoid hunting in Quebec again. I'd see what your congressman can get done for you. At minimum, he'll get more spotlight focused on those 2 officers and hopefully get them straightened out.

If you decide to fight this in court, I'd get a complete copy of their laws and carefully research EVERYTHING. Make sure you know you're right and those game wardens are wrong. Also, make sure you get an interpreter you can trust.

I hunted in BC once. The lady officer at the border was unbelievably rude and a total jerk. I went inside the entry building to her supervisor and asked him questions about what she was saying and trying to do to me. He straightened everything out, shut her down and was very nice. Everybody else I dealt with in BC was nice also. Every single one of them spoke English and most wanted to secede from Canada.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Every single one of them spoke English and most wanted to secede from Canada.
Contrary to what you may have been told, even though Canada is a bilingual country, the majority speak English, the exception being Quebec. B.C. is as far away from that as you can get.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:56 PM
jgv
Spike

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Maybe the request wasn't in french? Or maybe they figure the heat is coming on and they don't want to set themselves up for more grief. At minimum, you should avoid hunting in Quebec again. I'd see what your congressman can get done for you. At minimum, he'll get more spotlight focused on those 2 officers and hopefully get them straightened out.

If you decide to fight this in court, I'd get a complete copy of their laws and carefully research EVERYTHING. Make sure you know you're right and those game wardens are wrong. Also, make sure you get an interpreter you can trust.

I hunted in BC once. The lady officer at the border was unbelievably rude and a total jerk. I went inside the entry building to her supervisor and asked him questions about what she was saying and trying to do to me. He straightened everything out, shut her down and was very nice. Everybody else I dealt with in BC was nice also. Every single one of them spoke English and most wanted to secede from Canada.
my buddy has called every 2 weeks to ask for copies in english. and the person on the phone speaks english. they were told there isnt anything in the computer each time. so do the tickets exsist? anyway at this point i told them both you have to decide if your ever going across the boarder again. if not its up to them to decied what to do. they cant get a streight answer out of anyone. myself i'm good to go. i have no tickets. well if anyone has some GOOD advice let me know.
thanks to all.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Typical Buck

If you're convinced you are right and you have the evidence, I would say you're in a good spot.

If you want to ruffle some feathers here, this is what I would do:

1. Find out who is in charge.
2. Write a complaint letter to this person, openly informing them that you are also writing to the Fish and Wildlife department, SEPAQ, Quebec Outfitters, Inc and whatever outfitter you were using for your hunt.

Make sure you state that you believe what has transpired is corrupt and wrong. I would make sure you threaten to do everything in your power to inform U.S. hunters to the level of corruption that has been exemplified within the Surete du Quebec with regards to this situation.

You might want to contact a few hunting publications here in the U.S. and let them know what has transpired and that you would like to publish some "buyer beware" content for them. Make sure you include that this dialog has been initiated in the letter.

The only way you will get any response here is if you blow the situation up and see there the pieces fall. You could get burnt, but that's the risk you take. After everything is done, just remember the only thing these people want from you are your dollars... nothing more.

As far as the whole English/French issue; you have the right to be spoken to in English or French; regardless of where you are in Canada. The reality is that there is only one true bilingual province in Canada which is New Brunswick. Quebec is French... everything else is English.

I think your best bet would be to get this dealt with without going to court in QC. With the travel expenses and court costs, it will end up costing you more than the ticket in the first place... trust me, the Surete du Quebec is well aware of this and will play it to their advantage if they can.

Good luck...
Old 05-29-2010, 05:37 AM
Spike

my advice,since youve made a big deal out of it,is to tell them to shove it.then i would stay in my own country where i had rights and due process.if you want to caribou hunt,go to alaska.keep your money here in the usa.ive read numerous posts from people encountering corupt people while bass fishing or hunting in mexico,hunting on indian reservations and now canada.as an alien,you have very limited recourse.stay and hunt where you have rights.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rab123
my advice,since youve made a big deal out of it,is to tell them to shove it.then i would stay in my own country where i had rights and due process.if you want to caribou hunt,go to alaska.keep your money here in the usa.ive read numerous posts from people encountering corupt people while bass fishing or hunting in mexico,hunting on indian reservations and now canada.as an alien,you have very limited recourse.stay and hunt where you have rights.
I agree with rab123, keep your money in the good ole USA! Nothing against Canada or Canadiens, but rab123 hit it on the head.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Spike

I would suggest you were convicted long ago if there system is like Ontario.
You received Provincial Offences Tickets with an area and amount to pay out of court, you had 15 days to do this or plead "not guilty" and then a trial date would have been mailed to you.
If you failed to contact the court and plead guilty or not guilty then after 15 days a judge can find you guilty in your absense.

I don't know who you have been trying to contact but you need to contact the court, the address will be on the tickets.
The court will be able to tell you about these charges and if you have been convicted or not.

If you are convicted and fail to pay the fine, then your fine account will likely go into collection which can affect your credit ratings, even in the USA.
The judge can and most likely will place an arrest warrant on you, which means if you come to Canada, anywhere in Canada and get stopped by the police, you will be arrested.

Of course this is only on the people who received the tickets, no one else, and only if the Quebec laws are like Ontario.
This is how it works in Ontario.

It would be a good idea to contact the court and see where you stand as it is unlikely you will get anything from the court, the courts leave it up to you to find these things out.

Goodluck
Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Spike

RAB123 and ELWAY7 it is easy for you to say don't go to Canada because it is not you who were charged.
Also, it is a whole lot cheaper and more affordable to go to Quebec and hunt 2 caribou per license then to go to Alaska.
I wonder how many people would have ever hunted a caribou if it wasn't for the prices to go to Quebec.
People are people, what guarantee's that the same thing couldn't happen in Alaska?
There is due process and everything else if you follow the simple instructions on the ticket, if you ignore them...well, what can I say.
I don't know if these guys are guilty or not and at this point it really doesn't matter and I also don't know how old they are.
But by not paying the fines they cannot ever go back to Canada...and for what? $638.00.
When I was at Mirage, I went 1 day early and the majority of people there were Americans, they were finishing there hunts and new guys were coming in the next day. Everyone was happy and had a great time, they all got there caribou and never had or heard of any trouble with game wardens.
The same thing went for the new group coming in, everyone had a great time, we all got our caribou even though the pickings were thin but we made some great American friends.
If these guys truly don't plan on going back to Canada ever again for the rest of their lives then I agree, don't pay the fine as you say you are not guilty.
But.....taking Canada away from your hunting experience for the rest of your life, to me it would be worth paying the $638.00 and being able to go back again year after year for some great hunting experiences, but that's just me, maybe to you and them it's not. I can bet you though that going to Alaska will cost a whole lot more then going to Quebec even if you add the $638.00 on top of the trip.
Lets also remember that of all the people who went to Quebec these guys are the only ones who seemed to have a problem, read all the 200 pages and there is not one first hand account of anyone else having a problem over about 5 years.
There are posts of guys who have gone up every year for 10 years or so and they have never had a problem, just these guys, maybe there is more to it then you know or will ever know.
I can tell you that we saw the game wardens in the resident area, but never saw any in the area we all could hunt in 5 days.
Just because you have one guy making a post like he did and hearing one side of the story doesn't make his story right or even true for that matter.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know where the original thread starter went. Hasn't been on the forum in over 3 months. As far as where to spend your money and where to keep it, that would be up to the individual I would think. I see all kinds of these posts on a lot of different hunting and fishing forums. Some "keep it here", some "don't go there". And every one has been by somebody who was charged for doing something illegal, wether it be in the U.S, Canada, Africa or Russia. Right now I have 38 Americans in my camp. Some are from Pennsylvania, Michigan, Kentucky and W. Virginia, 6 of which are state troopers and city police. And oh yes!...2 game wardens from W. Virginia. I had a lot of them read the post in this thread, especially enforcement, boys just to see what they thought since they are Americans. Two of them were in Quebec last year hunting. And there is only one side of the story here...I'll grant you that. We haven't heard Quebec's side. But everyone of them just grinned and said, "Guilty as charged". They all said, "I would have charged them too. And it would be up to the court to decide who was right and wrong."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.