Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!! >

Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!!

Old 12-03-2009, 07:42 PM
jgv
Spike

well guys thanks for the kind words. i wasnt looking for suport just wanted fellow hunters to know what goes on. looks like everything i've read in the many pages of this forum is true about americans getting taken advantage of in this region. i see you support your freinds and thats great. you say you would of charged us to? and what for? oh thats right for the fun of it. if we were guilty would we be telling everyone? no we are mad and we paid alot of money to hunt their and were taken for the whole time. well at least we took home some animals.
bravo bravo. we may not win but we will sure try. just remember no one likes a theif.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:57 PM
jgv
Spike

ok, lets go to
ttt
Old 12-24-2009, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have read every post from this thread. Very interesting, I must say. Here's the bottom line. Those wardens had no idea what your intentions were with loose shells laying around in your truck, regardless of how (or why) they got there. As previously mentioned, YOU WILL NOT BEAT THEM!!
Why they stopped you like that is strange, but you must have stuck out to them for some reason. I'm not placing blame on you and your friends, but they are the law and you're a non resident alien in Canada. Those Canadians ain't no joke!!
Old 12-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Well, If you come to Florida, You dont have to worry about the guns being loaded. That is OK here. During Hunting while driving, My rifle is loaded and have a 44 mag. hand gun straped to my side. Perfectly legal. I love Florida.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

from what i read you got a bad deal ...just because u live in the USA makes no difference ...most of the game wardens up there are local people and they don't like CANADIANS either .

a friend of mine was hunting up there ,he just finished dragging his caribou to the truck , was warm and removed his jacket [his orange blazer was on the outside of his jacket] so he walked towards his truck and 2 wardens stopped him for not wearing his orange blazer while hunting ... HE PAID 200 DOLLARS for that little mistake .. so beware when u go up there ..

i went caribou hunting last fall [september] with an outfitter ,one of the group shot a bear without a licence [american hunter' ] he got off easy with only a warning ..he thought he could shoot and get a permit after ..some guides will say ok as long as you get the non resident permit after ..seen it done many times ..but sometimes it does not work ..
Old 12-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

I have no doubt you're telling the truth. Law enforcement in Quebec is simply a revenue opportunity for the province. They probably hadn't hit their daily quota; saw your license plate and said let's roll the dice.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

Here is my advice to you: DON'T PAY IT AND NEVER GO BACK! I have been going to Quebec for 20+ years and I can tell you from experience that those people always have their hands out for us Americans. I have relatives there and even they acknowledge they way they are. Whether it be a restaurant waiter, ski lodge, taxi driver ect ect ect they see $$$ and try to scam you. What are they going to do call the state task force to haul you in for a fine in a place that doesn't even show up on half the maps out there! LOL Those people can't and don't ever want to get over the language barrier and treat us like dirt? Oh, I forgot though they may try to track you down when they are enjoying one of our nice warm beaches here in the US when they are on Holiday in the summer! Here is what they think of us: every time I am there I get pulled over when I am driving my truck with New Jersey license plates. First thing they ask me is if I have a handgun in my possession? I from now one tell them no I do not as i left it back in the US with Rambo and John Wayne! LOL
Old 12-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Spike

Wow, I cant believe how bad your gettin beat up on here.
The gamey's assumed you had loaded guns because your shells were found on the floor. The are also assuming you will not come back to fight the charges. They are wrong to assume and if you get a lawyer and fight the charges, they will be dropped. They have to catch you with your rifles loaded in order to charge you for that offence. I too would not bend over and take it in the ass over this. I would fight it.
Its a beautiful part of Quebec. Get the court date remanded until Spring and return with your fishing poles and make a vacation out of it. Id love to see the expression on their faces when you show up to court.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Wolf suggests a very good idea, but I would recommend you doing it only if you are trying to prove a point. I have fought a ticket in Quebec before and had the penalty reversed. The only problem was that whatever courthouse you are going to fight this in will charge you an amount equal to or more than what your ticket cost was in the first place.

Rest assured that this has NOTHING to do with what is right or wrong and everything to do with C$$$$$$$$$$$$

IMO, the best thing you could do is spend your money in Labrador next time you want to Caribou hunting. In addition, every time you see someone that wants to go to Quebec to hunt; educate them to these hidden costs that they are at risk to end up paying.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:35 AM
jgv
Spike

UPDATE
its been 3 months on the advice of the local congressmans office my friends have requsted copies of the tickets in english as per instructions on the back of the ticket. To this date they have not sent them? Our congressman says not to do anything.
At this point i wonder why they cant get a copy as per there legal rights??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.