Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!! >

Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!!

Old 12-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

Well in general, I agree with you. A few letters and phone calls cost a few bucks, yes. But he's from New York and the ticket was in the Province of Quebec, Canada. To get a lawyer from New York or even in Quebec to go up there and fight that in a court in Radisson is going to cost thousands. And I'd be willing to bet he's going to lose anyway. That's why I said what I did. I've seen this happen over and over and it's a no win situation. Write all the letters and make all the phone calls you want. It might help but I doubt it.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol better get a Quebecois lawyer !! not a ny one..and i agree..lessoned learned..pay the fine..lawyer cost just as much...unless it makes you a felon there, then ya gotta fight...be good to find that lawyer there b4 the translation, could prolly fax or email it to him and he have it broke down for you before the day is over..
Old 12-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

every year hunters get nailed by game-wardens on the winter caribou hunt ..i live in QUEBEC and read the horror stories in the news paper ..

[1] riding in the truck with loaded rifles

[2] shooting caribou on the road

[3] not wearing they're orange colours and carring they're rifles

its as if some of the hunters have trouble following basic hunting regulations ..my friend got nailed 2 years ago for not wearing his orange dossard ..anouther friend of mine alway's had 2 clips one was full and the other one was empty ,when he got caught by the wardens he pulled out his full clip by mistake ..i can go on but we all pay for no following basic hunting regulations ..
Old 12-03-2009, 02:07 PM
jgv
Spike

heinz yes my shells were in my pocket. the others slid of the center console on to the floor. if you could have seen how they cut us off you woul understand. the guy in the back seat had one bulet on the seat next to him. i read thr regs alot and i cant find anything on the storing the shells some were else. and i think the thing every one has forgotten is it is leagle to shoot from the road there. you have to have one foot on the shoulder or bank. and that came from the warrden's mouth.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:44 PM
jgv
Spike

bjess
1 yes i was the driveing thought that was clear. the checked my gun from the passangers side it was there because the truck has a center console. they didnt know i had shells in my pocket they never searched any of us.
2 our guns do not have removable clips. so the bullets were out on the center console. the bottom line is they were not in the gun.
3 i have the ticket because i know a french teacher and she is translating it for us.
4 we are contacting some polititions and the ny state dec to see if we can get a complante rolling. a lawyer is be contacted also.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

well i hope that everything goes your way ,we all make mistakes ,best of luck ..
Old 12-03-2009, 03:30 PM
jgv
Spike

let me say one last thing here. why were we picked out of all the traffic on the la 1 road that day. we were traviling at a good speed going south towards the trans road. they were coming north going towards the dam. and they just threw on the lights and stoped us. no cause?
for anayone who thinks i am on here to stir up the pot or cry sorry thats not the case. just want it known. so maybe it wont happen to someone else. oh by the way i just receveied a copy of the secound ticket to be translated the other officers name is joey nolet.
good luck to all and if anyone has any helpfull info please let me know.
thank you
Old 12-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Spike

If your not guilty of the charges then I hope you are able to some how beat them, if you are guilty, just pay the fine and chalk it up to lesson learned.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Enough!!! You're going to pay the fines with or without a lawyer, except it. You're in a different country, pushing their limits on their laws. No comfort here. I'm sorry. No matter what you do. You will pay the tickets. You don't ever have to go back up there again. If I'd have been that CO I would have charged you too. You let us all know how it all works out for you in the end.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Spike

I don't understand why guys carry their guns in a vehicle..out of the case.
I have always placed my gun back into the case and I carry my clip in my pocket.
It might take me a couple seconds longer to get my gun out, but if a couple seconds is going to make the difference then you don't have time to shoot anyway...legally.
So think about it, if you are travelling in a vehicle with your gun beside you, out of the case and you have a rifle were the clip does not detach and you have rifle shells all over the place,(due to a quick stop or whatever) guess what the gamewarden is going to assume.
He would likely ask himself, why would these guys have rifle shells all over and not in their pockets.........I know?.......their guns were loaded and that is where the shells ended up when they got ejected from the gun.
Now you can see why your buddies were charged and like I said earlier, you were lucky you didn't lose your guns.
END OF STORY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.