2009 Canadian Hunting Posts

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2009 Canadian Hunting Posts

Old 11-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Here's my 2010 Bow Buck

Had to take him ,I only have till Monday and the season is over. One last kick at the cat tomorrow,good luck to those still hunting.
Rocky
He scored 128 3/8,he would have been about 15 more inches if he hadn't broke of his Brow tine ,left main beam and p3. Oh well,can't eat the horn right ,LOL God Bless
Old 12-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

Good job Rocky...he sure has some character! Too bad about the other side though, any deer with the bow is a gret trophy in my mind. Congrats!!

Well, looks like my season came to a crappy close, had an amazing weekend a couple weeks ago but lost my camera
I didn't care about it, just the pics that were on it. I have never seen game like I did that day, well over 30 deer & 5 shooter bucks (all on the same quarter I hunt). Pluse we scared up about 50+ Pheasants that day too. Last weekend was a bust, too much wind and got skunked. Anyhow it was a great year for me, mulie, wt, Snow & Blue geese, and a bunch of birds in the freezer. Hope everyone had an enjoyable season too. Have a great Christmas & New Years!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulationg YF! any deer with a bow is a great accomplishment. A nice whitetail like that is icing on the cake. I know how you feel about the broken tines, been there done that. Still a great trophy.

I shot my Saskatchewan whitetail on Sunday. Hopefully, i'll get some pics and a bit of a story up for you guys tonite or tomorrow.

Sorry about the camera JD, that sucks especially on a day where you got some irreplacable photos.

Sask.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

Well here it goes, Not much of a story this year. September was a write off due to work and I finally got my sask health card in october so I was able to get out for some scouting and evening sits in the oct ML season. I added a few trail cams to the collection but wasn't able to really get much for big buck pictures. This buck is the only real prospect i had going into the season.

The only other thing I had going for me this year was knowing that i had found a really solid funnel two years prior, where i was able to shoot this buck after my first morning on stand in 2008.

This year i hunted some other stands in the area and saw lots of small and medium bucks but no real monsters. In early November, I had five days off around rememberance day and was pretty much screwed by the warm rainy weather. my last best hope was the week off I had booked for the Canadian Resident season in late November. I had a buddy from BC that was planning to come out for the week and when he arrived we hunted hard for three days before this guy crossed my special little funnel and new favorite spot at 70 yards on Sunday morning. Given the season I've had, i'm happy with the result. I'm so glad i bought a new ladder stand to hunt that spot. It made all the difference. Gross score around 161, net about 157.

As for the prospect buck, my BC partner saw him the same morning but couldn't get a shot. Hopefully he survives the last week of the season and the winter.

Unfortunately, my hunting partner went home empty handed but not before having a close call with this 140class buck on the same stand where I shot mine.

That's pretty much it for this year, now it's about waiting patiently for the sheds to fall.

Cheers,

Sask
Old 12-03-2010, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Sask
Great buck and sounds like you have a great funnel to hunt, good luck with the sheds in the spring.
Rocky
Old 12-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Great job Rocky i am going to miss you in NZ bud
Old 12-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Damn Sask...you never fail to connect with some true brutes! Beautiful pics!! I got a surprising call the other day, seems my deer failed the CWD test. So that means the meat is to be destroyed & they issue me a new tag next season, bonus!!

Congrats Sask & I hope all is well with the family.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Talking

To All My Canadian Friends
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
Have a safe holiday season folks,God Bless
Rocky
Old 12-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Rocky...you got somethin gagainst those Americans frequenting this site??? Just kidding of course!
All the best fellas & hope you have a great holidays, I'm off to Vegas on the 27th with the whole family.

oh ya, my deer ended up being positive for CWD. Good thig I got a whitetail too, I need more jerky & pepperoni!!

Cheers
Old 12-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

Question

JD
It is a Canadian Deer Hunting Forum is it not!!! I was just trying to wish the Canadians a Merry Christmas.
Rocky
PS I know what your saying bud LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.