Old 11-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

great buck JD !
Congrats
Old 11-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

JD
You da man bud!!! LOL abought time you scored with the bow,right on,and great to hear your doing better heath wise,again ,congrats on the mulie. Good body on him,should make for some good backstraps.'
Rockolla
Old 11-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Fart, he was with the rifle not the bow (unfortunately) but I'm still happy. Thanks for thoughts too! Things got even better today after both me & my cousin got our whitetails a couple hours apart. As usual pics tell the story! This is was a great year for me, tagged out in 2 weekends!!
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-1.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-2.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-3.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-4.jpg  
Old 11-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

a few more pics from the hunt
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-5.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-6.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-7.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-8.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-9.jpg  

Old 11-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go JD!!

Awesome job on some very nice deer! I'm really glad to see you having such a good fall. Nobody here deserves it more.

What's next? Are you guys doing Sask this year?

Nothing much new here Spent thursday-friday hunting with the Bro in law. Thursday I saw half a dozen bucks but nothing I was interested in. Friday was slow and today was a write off as i'm fighting a chest cold and had to call it a day at 1:00 because i was to miserable to sit still any longer.

Going to give it another go tommorow.

Sask.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Thx Sask...I appreciate it. I have been truly blessed this year, not so much by the size of the antlers but by the great memories this season has provided. I got off the BIG BUCK or nothing boat and went back to enjoying the time in the field, and look what happens.
Anyhow, between my taxidermist bill with the geese & my processing bill with both deer (jerky, sausage, pepperoni, etc.) I'm tagged out. No Sask trip this year as I had very little holidays left and I thought I would use my few days off for my Antelope & Mulie draw. The last couple Saturdays will be Pheasants only (not that I'm complaining!)
Old 11-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

nokidding another congrats! way to make use of the season...

that second pic on your second post looks like a hog of a mulie - was he as huge as he looks?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Oh my God yes!!! I only wish the pic turned out better...he had to be one of the biggest mulies I ever laid eyes on. I watched him in my binoculars for 1/2 hour. I'll tell you, just seeing a monarch like that was almost as good as shooting one. It's not often you get to see that caliber of deer. I'm sure he was well into the 190s.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Right on JD, congrats on a successful and fun filled season. Your absolutely right its not the antlers that make the hunt they are icing on the cake. Good on you!!!

So far I haven't pulled the trigger but had a great couple days north, wonderful weather (except the fog) and lots of deer, included a couple of smarter then I bucks. Big boys were penned up with does and smaller bucks were trying real hard, rut I'm sure is going hard now up that way. One of my friends managed to take one on a rattling set up, he's not the biggest 5x5 but he came in hard and provided my friend with the opportunity to try out his sniper rifle he had build this year (timberwolf 338 lapau). Though didn't need it as the shot was 100 or so yards. Did produce a heck of a bang flop reaction though.

Now trying to deciede if I head back for the weekend or go to where I had originally planned instead. Decisions..one thing for sure I'll be dressing up its pretty darn cool feeling now and they're calling for highs in the - teens come end of the week.

Deer can't read??? Here's a pic of a young doe who at least knew where to hang out on a foggy afternoon. This pic was taken at 2:30 on friday on route to my evening location.

Good luck all!!!
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-rouge-s-buck.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-dsc03928.jpg  
Old 11-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice to read everyone's posts again. It seems all is good with the gang! I've only killed (bow) a doe so far this season, and couldn't find a decent 8pt that I hit. I had called him in with the Can from 65yrds out. He literally came running to my location, skirted my tree, and I stopped him with an errr. Made what I thought was a real good hit at 22yrds. The problem was that he was slightly quartering away and I caught the far leg/shoulder. No pass through, but good blood for about 30yrds. Then nothing!

I waited 45 mins to check things out. Couldn't find my arrow, or any part of it. Came back with help, plus a dog (yea, I know ), and after a total of about 8hrs, came up empty. I gave it my very best effort.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.