Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
2009 Canadian Hunting Posts >

2009 Canadian Hunting Posts

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2009 Canadian Hunting Posts

Old 10-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rocky my 5x was with the rifle. The big bull was the one I had an encounter with during archery, didn't get a shot bc he came in silent and hard.. less then 20 yards but the thick hazels screwed me again. My partner shot him with the rifle as well. This time the big fella let his ladies walk him out of the cover and as they say the rest is history. Oh well mine will eat well and the wife is really happy as we don't have to bicker about where the antlers are to be hung. LOL

Heading out sunday...wife willing. Most likely muzzy will be in tow, we'll see!!

Best of luck with the bow and camera.

JD, look forward to your pics once again! Especially that whitey you send to a dirt nap.

Be safe, enjoy, shoot straight and stay thristy my friends!!
Old 10-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Hi all,

Nice to see some of the same old familiar names back again for another fall.

Way to go Skeeter! you make killing elk look easy.

seems like everyone else has some promising plans or prospects for this fall.

My summer and fall have been pretty crazy. Back in the spring my wife and I decided to start looking for a new house in PR. We thought we had everything sorted out and a new place lined up when one half of our deal fell through at the last minute (our sale). Within a day of all of that happening, I got a phone call for an interview about a job in Saskatoon that I had applied for nearly a year ago. Long story short, i took the job and we moved back to Saskatoon in July. Since then, I have been crazy busy doing fall field work and trying to get life sorted out here in S'toon.

Hunting has been a little hit and miss so far this fall. I haven't really been out yet in Sask. I pulled a bunch of tags in the Alberta draws and was only able to save my antlered elk and early season moose draws by switching them to non-resident tags.

So far the only hunting i've done this fall was last week (3rd-10th) up around PR looking for elk and moose. Elk hunting was a bust, we only saw one cow and heard one bull in three days of hunting. We did bugle in a very nice bull moose though, too bad it was the wrong zone for my moose draw.

Moose hunting was better but the result was the same. We called in plenty but none would commit to taking the last few steps into the open. Some were blown by swirling wind and the only one that showed chose to dart across the cutline while I was busy fiddle f*cking with my range finder. It was still a fun trip. I'm trying to console myself by imagining all the headaches of dealing with a dead moose 24 degree heat. Not sure if it's working.

Anyway, my Sask health card showed up the other day so I'm GTG for deer. Hopefully i'll have some stories to share this fall.

Good luck guys. Keep the stories and pics coming.

Sask.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Typical Buck

Nice work skeet! looks like your havin a ton of fun already.
Sask, I'm a little sad not to see the pics of your monsters anymore (for now). I always looked forward to them, but it sounds like you have a pretty good thing going in Saskatoon. I'm sure a huge WT pic will follow in the next month.
As for me, I'm still snake bitten...got the game cam up early, and got amazing pics, every animal under the sun. as soon as bow season hits, the farmer lets in the cow & I have seen nothing
Dissapointing to say the least. I have my mulie buck tag so hopefully i can get a decent one. No go on the speed goat either, work took over & I just couldn't justify the $50 for a day hunt. My cousin & buddy shot a little guy but they weren't impressed with the type of hunting. Bald a$$ prairie as far as the eye could see & 70 km winds. Ah well I'm a deer guy anyhow. Heading out for the Pheasant opener Sat. but I hear the birds had a bad winter/spring. Good luck fellas & here's a few pics from the trail cam.
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-pict0432.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-pict0474.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-1.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-2.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-3.jpg  

Old 10-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Typical Buck

a few more
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-pict0984.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-pict0993.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-pict1013.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-1.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-2.jpg  

Old 10-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Typical Buck

and a few more
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-3.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-4.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-5.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-2.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-1.jpg  

Last edited by JD IN ALBERTA; 10-14-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

Well, pheasants have been pretty poor this year, only got 3 so far (missed a few though) but hardly any birds compared to previous years. Today was great though, shot my first ever snow & blue. Not much action here, hoping people are hunting & have some luck. I'm off for my mulie buck next Sat.
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-1.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

Nice work JD!

Awesome TC pictures too. I've been having pretty poor luck with mine this year. Lots of does but not many bucks.

Not a lot new out here. Killed a few ducks with the dog and got some good deer scouting in this past saturday. Man, snow sure helps a guy sort out what's happening. trail cams all got moved and I should have some pictures to share soon. Rifle season opened today and it's my favourite month of the year. good luck guys.

N.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have to work has been my theme this year..sucks big time. Managed to get out last weekend though, saw 1 dandy but well out of Ml range and passed on a decent 4x. Managed to run into 10 moose, 6 of which were bulls. Good outing all in all. Bummer the dandy buck is in the southern zone so doesn't open till the 15th. Thinking heading north prior, gotta scratch the itch and whitetail rifle season just ain't complete without a trip to the fringe. Though going to hold off for a week or so, in hopes we get better weather. TOO BLOODY WARM right now. Instead likely head out this weekend to help a buddy try and get a mulie buck, he's been banging his head against the wall trying to get on something decent. He's in a tough zone but I have a couple of spots in mind that may hold something of interest. We'll see.

Good Luck, be safe and take care all!
Old 11-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

well my mulie hunt lasted all about 30 seconds this season...I shot this guy as I was setting up to get ready for a push. He jumped up in front of me at 30 yds and stood broadside for 20 seconds. Gave me views of his rack from all angles & I decided to take him. We went to check our camera in the river bottom and found a bigger boy hanging around. Oh well I'm happy to have one in the bag so early in the season.
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-1.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-2.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-3.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-pict0047.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-pict0050.jpg  

Old 11-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

here's a couple more...
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-pict0247.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-pict0054.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-pict0205.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-pict0197.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-pict0086.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.