2009 Canadian Hunting Posts >

2009 Canadian Hunting Posts

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2009 Canadian Hunting Posts

Old 07-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts

Figured it was time to start the traditional post, that was started or formerly known as Canadian whitetails. Since many hunt more then just whitetails I thought I'd call it "2009 canadian hunting" where canadians from all corners and those travelling to canada or who have connections can chat & share tales, pics, etc in one place.

My plans for 09 include: elk (hopefully filled with archery, hunting the last week in august), Moose first week of october, finally drew an Antelope tag after many years in the top pool (archery in sept, ml in oct and rifle end of october my plans are to have my buck on the dirt prior to the rifle season), draw mulie tags (we'll have to see might be quick, might be long and might me a notta as the early indications have not been to great in my scouting) & of course whitetails -sept bow, ML oct and rifle November. Haven't had to many days off as I'm banking for a full fall!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Skeet, I got drawn for an elk tag and 3 mulie tags at Peace River, Ab. , I got rejected on the moose hunt. I'll be up there in Nov. and am takin the bow and the 30-06. and the 30-30. There may be some over the counter moose tag hunts further north available and I'm still cheqeuing that out.
Getter done. Good Luck.

Bobby
Old 07-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Same too you bobby, best of luck filling your tags and make sure to keep us posted. I picked up a new bow this year due to shoulder problems, went to a 60lb limb bow. Been practicing a lot and am up to max poundage in prep for next months elk hunt. I can't wait to get at her again!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Skeet,

Nice too see the old familiar thread up and running again. Sounds like you have a busy fall lined up.

All I drew were mulie does up near P.R. and Camp wainwright deer (primitive weapons). That should be a fun one.

Otherwise, i'll be after mulies an whitey's with the bow in addition to elk and perhaps an undersubscribed late season moose with the rifle. I hope to get a trip back to sask in Oct for WT's, my normal rifle hunt is the same week as wainwright so I may not make it this year.

Where in the Peace Country are you hunting? sounds like you'll be in my backyard for a few hunts. Feel free to pm if you have any questions.

enjoy what's left of the long weekend boys,

sask.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Hey fellow Canucks
Skeeter & Saska,how's the summer going?What bow did you get Skeet? I got the new Iceman from Diamond to review this year with all the Octane Products to try out. Still haven't shot it though.Got my bull moose draw in 242 and still waiting to hear about my lope draw. Anyone hear from JD yet this year? Keep in touch guys and best of luck this coming season.
Rocky
Old 08-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sask, Its 527 that I got the elk and deer tags. I was rejected on the moose hunt but later on this week I'll see if I can get an undersubscribed moose tag for the same area, if not I'm going to go to 316 and bowhunt moose where a draw isn't required. Its about a 10 drive from here to get to 527 and will be going with a couple home boys from down here that knows some guides up there and we will be staying with them and hunting their lease in exchange for some work on there cabins. I never been up there but I'm sure looking forward to the excitement.
I'll give you a shout when I get up their and maybe we can hook up for a brewski if your nearby. Good luck.

Bobby
Old 08-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

YF, Bowtech Captain.

Saska, ya I think I'll be needing sunday hunting this year. Best of luck.

Here's to a fun filled, successful & safe 09 season!
Old 08-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Skeeter
Sweet bow skeet you'll enjoy shooting it,I just found out today I got my lope draw again. Man am I pumped, been 4 years since my last one.There a blast and I also got my draw for moose close to town too. So the freezer will be full again for a while till the kids come and raid it LOL. Dang kids eh! Leave it alone!!!! Talk to you soon guys.
Rocky
Old 08-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

YF I really like the bow, smooth shooting for sure. I am dialed in, did some final shooting of BH's and GTG. I am using Slick Trick mag heads which fly outstanding out of my setup/ I'm looking forward to chasing elk..heck 7 more sleeps I'll be @ elk camp.....YAHOO!!!!! Hope the weatherman is nice, been raining all weekend here. Best of luck on your loper and moose hunts. I am really looking forward to lope hunting been waiting a longtime for a tag.

Cheers boys and girls!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Skeet.

I'm with you on the Slick Tricks. They're devastating on hogs, and I'm hoping to see how well they work on pronghorns this weekend in SD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.