HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Other Areas (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/other-areas-29/)
-   -   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/other-areas/298412-2009-canadian-hunting-posts.html)

youngfart 12-07-2009 06:55 PM

Great Mass Skeeter:barmy:

Gotta like it when everything comes together for a buck you have watched in it's bedding area Skeet. Congrats:kt: Now the count down till shed hunting:pcwhack:
Nice Saska
Sure wish I had those benifits when my kids were born ,LOL:lmao:. It'll be time off deserved and time to spend with the little one too as you were mentioning. A Friend just came back from Camp Wainwright on the last hunt and said the hunt before his 220 deer were taken and on his 3 day hunt only 22 were taken. he did see some monster bull Moose though,there so hard to get drawn for though. My friend was a priority 12 for moose there this year and didn't get drawn. It take's some time for the moose draw. Talk to you's later
Rocky

JD IN ALBERTA 12-08-2009 07:37 PM

way to go skeet...sorry to take so long to respond but we got a nasty virus so the computer was out of service & I've been bedridden the last few days. Just felly really ****ty!!
He looks like a great character buck & I love the mass on those beams, well done!!
As for the area we were hunting, it was around the spirit river area and it was beautiful deer territory. Definately I'd love to go back but with more guy's. 2 guy's is tough to push some of that big bush, the one thing I didn't like is having to put my gun away after I tag out. Ran into the fish cops the day I shot my buck and they siad gun was to be cased. I have no issue with it, it just makes it tough if you are up there for the week and can't even hunt yotes after you tag out. Anyhow congrats to everyone this season and happy holidays to you you all, hope 2010 is a great year!!

skeeter 7MM 12-08-2009 09:02 PM

Thanks guys. I'm pleased, even if I didn't get the toad, he was the right buck to take out of that area. Mass is his best antler attribute for sure, though got say I enjoyed his demeanor.

Shed hunting might be very good with the slow year here, lots of tags on the christmas trees instead of bucks by the sounds of things.

Saska, you lucky fella. Enjoy your time with your little girl, they grow up mighty fast.

JD was that Spiritwood? If so which direction from town were you? Most years pushing wouldn't be such a worry, this year the deer had so much feed, water, etc coupled with warm temps moving wasn't a requirement. Unfortunately, if your accompaning a hunter with a tag you can't hunt yote's or have a gun unencased. That way for everyone. BTW, how was the hunting pressure?

Cheers and best of the season to all.

early in 12-09-2009 06:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
JD, congrats on getting out of your whitetail slump!:hail: Nice buck. I was hoping you would get something in Sask.

Also, congrats to everyone else (Skeet, Sask, YF) who killed something this season in the "Great North Woods".

Buck wise, this was all I could muster from my Pa archery season. I also killed 2 doe and still have 2 tags left. Yea, these Pa bucks just can't hang with their northern relatives. I'm going to try like hell to hunt the Bow Zone again next year if possible!

JD IN ALBERTA 12-09-2009 01:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
way to go Early...I think if there was a year to miss, this would have been it. Warm temps everywhere made movement pretty slim. But you probably would have been comfortable in the stand:kt:
Skeet, ya spritwood is the place, we were south of town and there sure were alot of locals out there (especially on Friday night). We kept away from there the rest of the trip as we found some sweet spots closer to home base. And it paid off as we both shot our bucks within 100yds of each other. I wish I had more time to focus on that place, it was amazing to have that kind of feed in the field & all the sign was sick. I'd love to hang some cameras in alot of those places and see what turns up.

Here's a pic from the game came under my tree stand. We pulled the camera the other day as temps are plummeting. we got alot of chasing action from the 27th & on (mulies only though). This was on Dec 4 and he's hot on her tail.

DoctorDeath 12-11-2009 04:13 PM

GREAT job to all of you guys who scored ...Im going to plan a trip back north in 2010:D ...the last 3 trips have been to Alberta but I may try Saskat. again ....

dd

JPF 12-12-2009 08:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Doctor, 2110 is a long ways away, you sure plan ahead ;)

Gents,

Been awhile since I've been on here, didn't know if anyone still frequented this site or not.
I had an enjoyable season. Was drawn for speed goats and got a decent one early with the muzzleloader. Was also lucky enough to pull a moose tag as well, and filled the freezer the on opening day. Also had 2 draw mulie doe tags, but with the freezer full of moose meat, I hung those 2 on the Christmas tree. This year I saved my vacation for whitetail hunting, but before the season the whole plant got layoff notices (stupid economy), so I got paid my vacation and had the whole season to look for a nice whitetail :). Hunted everyday of the season and never seen one that I wanted to pull the trigger on. Lots of nice ones, but with the freezer full and lots of time I let em walk, should be some gooders around next year. Heres a pic of the moose and goat I got this year. Merry Christmas and Happy new years to all you guys.

JD IN ALBERTA 12-17-2009 11:03 AM

4 Attachment(s)
hey fellas, I thought some of you might like these...my Aunt took these pics from her back yard. There is a park behind her.

JD IN ALBERTA 12-18-2009 12:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
got these from a buddy...Grossed over 200

JD IN ALBERTA 12-18-2009 01:00 PM

5 Attachment(s)
got these from another buddy...wolverine from Northern Alberta