Sunday Hunting in Saskatchewan >

Sunday Hunting in Saskatchewan

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Sunday Hunting in Saskatchewan

Old 02-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sunday Hunting in Saskatchewan

Sunday hunting a reality in Saskatchewan starting in 2009. This comes as a result of the favorable vote received at the SWF Annual Convention this weekend.

SERM press link: http://www.gov.sk.ca/news?newsId=ae133b9e-d3b1-4f74-ac77-0d063f2d1286
Old 02-16-2009, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sunday Hunting in Saskatchewan

Before we got a big extention on our Sunday hunting in Alberta, I was not really keen on the idea. I figured it was going to make things more crouded on weekends where I hunt. I feared it would increase hunter success and drop the number of moose draw tags in the area I apply for.

But as I got thinking about the people who could only hunt on a Sat. or maybe could not even get away on a Sat. I became more for it. This last year I got to spend more time hunting with my wife and kids because of thetrips we got out on Sundays.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

I am from Minnesota and of course we have 7 day a week hunting. Some states however, and previously Canada were closed to Sunday hunting. This would be such a bummer to me. It would really cut down on my hunting time and cut down on the time I have to hunt with family. I am glad to see you can know join the 7 day group...I wish everyone had the right to hunt whatever day they please.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:59 AM

ORIGINAL: mnprohunter

I am from Minnesota and of course we have 7 day a week hunting. Some states however, and previously Canada were closed to Sunday hunting. This would be such a bummer to me. It would really cut down on my hunting time and cut down on the time I have to hunt with family. I am glad to see you can know join the 7 day group...I wish everyone had the right to hunt whatever day they please.
I havent followed upon the Saskatchewan regs much at all but I am shocked to hear that sunday was just now opened up. I am against and for it at the same time. It is nice because now you can sneak in that extra day on a 5 day trip to 6 days hunting, but at the same time most of the folks that hunt are out on weekends. This year, I ran into 4 guys on one quarter section of land hunting (landowner told me they were done), I went out and hunted weekdays and evenings and none of them were out. So Im not quite sure what to expect really. Thankfully I hunt 90% of the time in the bow season.

Off the record, is it worth coming into Sask to hunt a general tag for white-tail??