Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Caribou hunters denied, NO REFUND, Tuttulik Outfitters Inc!! >

Caribou hunters denied, NO REFUND, Tuttulik Outfitters Inc!!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Caribou hunters denied, NO REFUND, Tuttulik Outfitters Inc!!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Caribou hunters denied, NO REFUND, Tuttulik Outfitters Inc!!

Tuttulik outfitters have claimed "bankrupt" and will not allow anymore hunts in 2008 to continue, nor give refunds for those pre-paid hunts or any payments on future hunts. Hunters that were to leave today were notified yesterday. Some of them were already in Montreal at the hotel! Anyone who earned a 1/2 price return hunt do to no game (me) is obviously also denied.
The men in charge and contacts for the Company, Harry Makis (Montreal) and Greg Bonecutter (Dover, TN) have changed their phones and not returning emails, the same is true for their spokesperson at most outdoor shows, Gordy Swenson (Fergus Falls, MN)!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Caribou hunters denied, NO REFUND, Tuttulik Outfitters Inc!!

Thats a crappy deal dude..
Nothing much more I can say than that..
If I had a million, I would pay for a guided hunt for you to enjoy,in British Columbia.
If everything on their part was done lawfully, allI can say is too bad they don't have morals.
Why did they declare bankrupcy anyway?
Was it because of lack of game?
Forcing the season to close indefinately or was it just bad money management and they will pop up under another name in a week?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Bad deal all around for all the reputable outfitters. I always thought Tuttulic was one of the better ones based on reports etc. Chances are they will re-open under a different name. Hopefully the bad rep will follow them especially in HNI. We never forget.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

In Gordie's defense, he has been in the bear woods for a week (where there is no cel coverage) and should be out this evening. Probably why you haven't heard from him.......

Old 09-08-2008, 08:06 PM
car
Typical Buck

I got took too. I'm pissed at Tuttulik right now. Not sure what if any envolvment the booking guys had in it. I think whey are as much suprized as the hunters. I'm out $5200 [:@] [:@]
Old 09-09-2008, 05:28 AM
Dominant Buck

It should be just like stealing when they go bankrupt and walk away with people's money. I once bought my wife a set of custom golf clubs as a christmas present. It was many years ago and I paid $400 in cash about a week before Christmas. The owner said to have her come to the store between Christmas and New years and they would measure her and make the clubs. Two days after Christmas we went down there and there was an empty store. They knew they were going out of business and still took my money. I went to the State Attorney General and since they went into bankrupcy I was in a long line of creditors and stood to make a few cents on the dollar if anything. Some day I'll find the guy and he will become $400 dollars worth ofyote bait.[:@]
Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

I would look into getting this monies handed to them a Charitable Contribution to the tribes and this way you may be able to recoup some $ in your taxes. Laws are vague, but am usre a good TA could find a way.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

I know someone taken by them as well from NJ... No communication has yet been made with the hunter..
Old 09-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have been taken before and it sucks. must be us new jersey guys. too trusting and quick to hand over money. i will never again pay more than half down on a trip.OR LESS! they can wait for the rest. check into what kinda of legal things you can do and maybe they can salvage things by offering a trip at a later date.