Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
Globco 555/Tokarev >

Globco 555/Tokarev

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Globco 555/Tokarev

Old 02-10-2003, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Globco 555/Tokarev

I donít know where I should be posting this, so Iím putting copies everywhere I can think of, hoping for a source of expertise.

I recently bought a Globco 555 in .303 British. This is an autoloading rifle, which is a Russian Tokarev that was sporterized and re-chambered to .303 for the Canadian market in the 1960ís.

I originally bought this rifle for interestís sake, but, I like the feel of it, and I've always enjoyed hunting with an autoloader. Iím hoping that if the action proves reliable, and it is a reasonable shooter, that I might carry it deer hunting this fall.

There are 2 grooves on opposite sides at the back of the receiver, where it appears that something was meant to slide onto the rifle. Iím wondering if this could possibly be for a scope mount, or if it might be possible to have a scope mount made that clamps onto the rifle at these points? Does anyone know of any original or aftermarket scope mounts for the Tokarev? I would only mount a red dot or Holosight on this rifle, so a mount wouldnít have to be very high or be able to support some heavy high-magnification scope.

Also, does anyone know of a source of clips that would work in a Tokarev? I always like a spare. I would probably have to have one modified for it to be legal in Canada (5 shot rule).

Old 02-12-2003, 11:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Globco 555/Tokarev

Rick,

You might be better off posting at http://talk.shooters.com/

RC
Old 02-13-2003, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

If you take it into the local gun shop you might find that a .308 will fit it. I lost my original clip and when I ordered a new one the smith told me that I should be able to switch it out
Old 03-10-2003, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Where did you find the gun, I always wanted one but never got around to it, when I went to find one, couldn' t find any
Old 03-13-2003, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

I was in the same boat as you.

When I started hunting, an SMLE cost $15.99, and these guns were well over $100 - out of the budget of a high school kid. By the time I could afford one they were out of the stores.

I' ve been keeping my eyes open for a few years, when this one showed up on the Epps web site. An exchange of e-mails with Wes led me to buy it.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Spike

Smile

Originally Posted by Rick Teal
I donít know where I should be posting this, so Iím putting copies everywhere I can think of, hoping for a source of expertise.

I recently bought a Globco 555 in .303 British. This is an autoloading rifle, which is a Russian Tokarev that was sporterized and re-chambered to .303 for the Canadian market in the 1960ís.

I originally bought this rifle for interestís sake, but, I like the feel of it, and I've always enjoyed hunting with an autoloader. Iím hoping that if the action proves reliable, and it is a reasonable shooter, that I might carry it deer hunting this fall.

There are 2 grooves on opposite sides at the back of the receiver, where it appears that something was meant to slide onto the rifle. Iím wondering if this could possibly be for a scope mount, or if it might be possible to have a scope mount made that clamps onto the rifle at these points? Does anyone know of any original or aftermarket scope mounts for the Tokarev? I would only mount a red dot or Holosight on this rifle, so a mount wouldnít have to be very high or be able to support some heavy high-magnification scope.

Also, does anyone know of a source of clips that would work in a Tokarev? I always like a spare. I would probably have to have one modified for it to be legal in Canada (5 shot rule).
Hi,

The marks are for a scope mount!!!
I have an exact copy of your globco mohawk 555....

Take care

Buckbuckaroo