Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Potential new Ontario record

Old 12-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Potential new Ontario record

It depends on what WMU the extra tag was issued for. In my WMU (84)the additional (blue striped tag)is good for any sex
Old 12-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

MUST BE NICE as my friggin luck is all i see is bucks lol and i can only harvest a doe [:@]but she will step out b4 dec and feel an arrrow .
Old 12-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GNO

You are correct, the additional seals are doe only, not either sex. I only purchase a buck tag each year, so I have not filled them.
Depends on the WMU you apply in. I have a blue & white "additional tag" that is for archery and good for a doe or buck.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GNO

You are correct, the additional seals are doe only, not either sex. I only purchase a buck tag each year, so I have not filled them.
That statement is not correct.

Certain areas will issue doe only extra tags, some areas will offer buck only and other areas will offer either sex. I know that in 73, I have seen (had one myself) where the extra tag was good for either sex, and other tags were doe only. It all depends on the area your in and the MNR and what they want harvested from that area.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Spike

The deer i posted was green scored and its close, once dried and scored which should be taking place at Basspro during their spring event by a panel of FROW scorers it will be confirmed either way.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

theres a place in alymer as well shot a monster during muzzeloader and its a biggy will hold strong in the books as well got all the paperwork just have to fill it out. congrats to you man it a beast you got though.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:23 PM

There are no big bucks in Ontario.....stay in the states.....

Old 12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

Now dan i see alot of tv shows that really like to feed deer with all these food plots etc in the states and is moving to canada with this grow bigger horns bla bla bla to make records . Is that really fair? I dont geebob lets go here and shoot a deer then if not we will go over there and get us one oh waiti bet at 3:10 this bruiser will come out and we'll get him on the alfalfa patch we made this spring. Now why would you say something like theres no big bucks in canada. You know why bucks are big there smart elusive,knockturnal. But i wish i can put a picture on here but this fall i slamed a monster with a muzzeloader mind you oh,and fair chase over and im saying over 300 pds but[&o]its only a 9 point but when i stick my fat ass in a rack when my waist size is forty inches you dont see me bragging and slaming. like i posted else where were all hunters,providers thefuture of hunting not heros and champs you know something it was my day my time and i had a chance to harvest a monster and it will probable be my only one but i can say im proud of that not flaming or bragging. I might have takin this wrong but seems to burn a hole in my shirt when i see stuff like that.[&o]
Old 12-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

Wow seems im on a little tear here and im sorry just sick of seeing people get burned or cutting people up. Lets just say grew up poor and was always told your not a trophy hunter your a provider. Few more drinks and ill be ok.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

You said it joe most of these hunt show,s on tv they don,t show the property lines with 15ft high fences all the way around it.Deer can,t get out and then there being fed protein diet,s that drop out of a bin that is set on a timer to open up at 3:10 so the guy that can,t hunt on his own can get his buck .Then the the dude that told him that this buck would be there gut,s it out,loads it up lets go back to the club house .Oh tune in next week for some more great hunting from the 15ft high fence hunt club.Time for a beer.......

Quick Reply: Potential new Ontario record

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.