2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 11-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

scored around 170 ish

Old 11-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, good work on all the fine looking animals.
This one is no monster, but she's Canadian, good eating, and only my 2nd animal with the bow.
Cheers

Old 11-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

JD
Got snow over night up here but I think it might dissapear by tomorrow as it's calling for a high of +6. No snow in the forcast till next Monday. Great photo's bud, speacially the one of the sky. Congrats to your bud on the heavy Mulie too. Your looking healthy,how's the battle going? Good I hope and also am praying for you too daily. God is great,we as a race don't always know what Prayer can do cause we don't always have faith in what were praying for. That is God's decision and his is always for a reason.Deer aren't chasing yet and the bucks aren't even on there trail. Been out the last few days checking stands sites for the rut.
My holidays start Friday till the 29th. Then it's off to the Mayan Riveiara for my Son's Wedding on the 2nd and I'll be their till the 14th. To you still hunting,may the Lord bless you with your best buck to date and God Bless.
Rocky
Old 11-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Hey all - long time no talk!

Nice to see your all fairing very well out east with both birds and bucks! What is the truth behind rumors I hear of regarding CWD?
I downed a decent buck the other day so I figured id post him up. He grosses mid-180s, has 27" outside spread.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Another look:

Old 11-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

A third:

Old 11-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

And a final look - now onto muleys with the bow for late season!

Have your guys' rut been odd this year? Its hardly starting yet here...

Old 11-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

JD - in reading back I read your diagnosis.

Not to bring up old blood but you have my thoughts as well. My family has been through three different trials of cancer in the few years all of which have, so far, ended on a happy note.

Best of luck with your neurologist - gtting outdoors, doing what you love, and being with those you love is all more important at the moment and all will help with healing. Best of luck and health...
Old 11-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

Rocky, hopefully they start chasing Sunday. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts...I had another MRI last week and I'm just waiting. Positive thoughts and a week in the field hunting will be my peace.

Ag, nice buck...cool looking rack on him! The first pic looks like you are riding the buggerThanks for the kind words as well. You guy's are a great source of faith. God bless you all!!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,

nice work tscheaf! congratulations!

Same to you agaucher, thats an awesome mulie! good luck filling your bow tag.

Good luck with your time off YF. Stick a big one! They were really moving up here yesterday morning, should be getting better by the hour now.

JD, awesome photos as always. Sorry for filling my tags so early If it's any consolation, I really wish I still had a whitetail tag this last week or so. Good luck up north next week, I'll be a few miles west of you guiding near Smokey Lake, then off home the following week.

Otherwise, not much new with me. I had one last friend who wanted to look for a whitetail this past weekend. We headed out yesterday morning to do some rattling. We still hunted into our spot at first light and glassed two bull moose on the far side of the field. While watching the moose we spotted a few deer including a decent buck feeding our way. The buck was torn between eating and harassing a doe. We managed to close the distance and got set up behind a round bale. The buck eventually cooperated and the rest took care of itself. A great way to spend the morning.

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.