2008 Canadian Whitetails >

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 10-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Those are beautiful birds JD! well done!

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

November is getting closer....
Old 10-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just got home out town job, work is really starting to be a drag I must say. Not to mention cutting heavily into my hunting & chat time.Come November though I am hunting at least 1 day a week!!

JD congrats on the bird and excellent news that your out enjoying hunting. Been thinking of you a lot. Keep it up bud and our prayers our with you!

Thanks guys for the words.

Saska...lol! You bet, always room for B'straps and need to make jerky as well.Also have afriend of the family who was very much a part of my growingbut can no longer hunt himself. I cut/wrap and make sausage out of deer for this individualevery year. Of course them pesky family members always want some as well. (BTW splitthe moose 3 ways with my partners who came only to led support. It's how we doit, so the favor is returned when they get drawn).

Troy hope all is well and your having a good year. Say hi to dan for me!

Good luck all
Old 11-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey All, not a lot of activity lately so thought I'd bump the thread up on the page.

Spent time Saturday in my ML area, morning was decent but evening was a bust due to the wind & high temps. Not too much exciting in the way of bone, over thehill 4and 2 up and comer's beside the usual banter of dinks, women & children. Hopefully the colder weather that appears to be blowing in will get things heated up in the woods soon. Planning to hunt saturday back in the ML area and if similar results maybe time to branch out for a while. My spot gets better in post rut, so since my time is limited my plan is to make better use or the most of it.

So far 1 good one I know has fallen,friends bro in law put one into a 5x5 with some junk on saturday in 29 (being a CWD zone rifle opened up saturday instead of the normal southern date of the 18th).My guess- top end of 170 maybe even low 180's gross. Sorry haven't recieved pics yet.

Someemails running around:
#1) a guy from Galslyn arrowed a Mulie buck that's green score is 1" larger then the current world record typical mule deer with the bow
#2) 500lb wild boar (escaped a few years ago - supposedly) shot with a smokepole south of outlook.

That's all I know so far.

Take Care all and best of luck!!
Old 11-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the update Skeet,
Not much new up here. I have one friend left that wants to go looking for a deer so that'll be this weekend's project. We got 4 inches of the white stuff yesterday and it's cooled off enough that the deer should get going soon.

Otherwise, I'm counting the days till Saskatchewan and wishing I still had a tag here. Sask might be interesting with all the early presssure in 29. I think I might have put on my explorer's hat to find a new zone this year[:'(].

Good luck all,

Sask.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Snowed but didn't amount to anything, though it looks like november and feels like it now too!!!

Good luck this weekend

As far as 29 its getting traffic but always does.I wouldn't say its not worth a look but the key will be getting off the beaten path! I think the non cwd zones near s'toon will be getting a lot more pressure this year as well but again that doesn't mean no deer. From what i've seen whitetails are in good shape and a good year for horns below the fringe. LOTS OF good eats this year, moisture, etc.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Typical Buck

Hey gents...sure is quieter here than in past years. It's all your falt sask, shooting those big buggers so early makes us all look badI did a pheasant shoot on the weekend and limited out. No luck with the bow this year but I'm off on Sat for our yearly trip up in the great white (brown?) north. I'll post pics when I get back and this year isn't about getting a brute, it's about getting out there and enjoying what God gave us! Here's a few pics from the last couple of hunts.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Typical Buck

all wild birds with no dog!

Old 11-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

sunset in Alberta

Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Typical Buck

same sky a few minutes later

Old 11-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Typical Buck

my buddy got this guy last week

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.