2008 Canadian Whitetails >

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 09-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

I think of you andyour little guyoften JD.Good luck with everything, keep us posted bud.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

My moose hunting went from a week in the bush to having only a couple days due to work - urg. It worked out for me though as i put a moose down. Afoggy/wet morning produced mybull. I giot him tocome most the waywith cow calls but he got a touch smart on me at the end and hung up in the diamond willows so I went on the aggressive advancing towards his position and finally requiring me to actlike another bull coming in to steal his love. A fewrearward placed gruntsdrovehim over the edge causinghim to come crashing towards me through the willows. Luckily I was sort of ready forthe scenario as it quickly became him or I,awell placed shot from the 338wm put him on the ground less then 15 yards away from my toes. Everything seemed like it was in slow motion however happened very quickly I neverhad time to rack another shell before hewas crashing down. Not the biggest moose but probably the most exciting thus far in my career - hum good eats.

Gotta run, hence the unusually short version of my adventures...

Hope all is well crew and take care

Old 10-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go Skeeter Mmmmm, moose steaks. Looks like a tasty one. You gonna have any room left in the freezer for a whitey?

Pretty slow around these parts. My hunting partner from High Prairie shot his first bull elk last weekend. Unfortunately, I was back in S'toon for thxgiving so I couldn't give him a hand.

Took a work buddy out for his first deer hunts last week. On outing number three he was able to get a nice shot into a young whitetail buck. He was pretty excited about the whole adventure and is already planning to start putting in for draws next year. He also rents our spare room so I might be looking for another freezer if he keeps at it. He's been hard on the grouse the last few months too. I may have created a monster.

While on one of our morning excursions last week I made a rather sad discovery. The smaller of the two typical mulies I had been chasing this fall was hit by vehicle the night before about a mile south of where I had been hunting him.[:@] We found him on our way back to town. I cut off the head and got a hold of the local F&W officer to make arrangements for a "found dead" permit for him. I was thinking of doing the whole shull but his nose was pretty busted up so I just sawed off the rack. Not the way I was hoping to get my hands on it but better than leaving them to rot. One less buck to chase with my bow next year[&o][>:]

Hope you're all doing well. Good luck with your adventures.

Sask.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just poking around to see how your seasons are going. First off, Jd, I read your posts last night for the first time and just want you to know you will be in our family prayers. I wish you best in taking on this challenge.

Skeeter and Sask! great critters you guys are putting down! I know Danny has been filling the freezer too!

Good luck the rest of the season guys.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guy's...looks like people are back to posting again. Congrats Skeet, looks like you had a blast. Same to you Sask...I wish that was me! I have been getting out for morning hunts and did an all day mulie/pheasant hunt last weekend. Went well, saw 4 shooter mulies, 2 close but running so no shots. Ended up with 3 birds (all wild).
Shed thanks for the kind words, I'm still kickin and waiting waiting waiting for the Neroulogist. I have another MRI for Nov3 and I'm still planning my annual trip up north for mid Nov. Pics to follow as usual!

Old 10-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

Old 10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

nice big wild birds

Old 10-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

farmers fence

Old 10-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

saw a brute in the badlands but no pic of him, beautiful country though!

Old 10-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

end of a good day!

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.