2008 Canadian Whitetails >

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 09-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Well boys, my season(life) has had a big jolt...just been diagnosed with a brain tumor! Went out on Sat, but cut it short. Saw some nice WT bucks but no shot. Needless to say my head just isn't into hunting right now and never thought I'd say that. Meeting with a Neurologist (hopefully) this week to discuss it. That means I'm living through you guy's this year!! I'll try to do some little trips but right now my equillibrium is all over the place.
Enjoy your time afield fellas, I never expected something like this in a million years and it surely sucks to look at life an entirely differnt way now! Tim McGraws song "live like you were dying" has an amazing effect when you are given this kind of news. I'll try to keep you posted.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

My God JD, I thought you were joking at first, until I finished reading.I don't really know what to say. Unreal!I pray to God everything works out for you, and your family. I still can't quite believe this.[&o]Please keep us updated.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Spike

JD,

I read this forum alot, but rarely comment. I enjoy "living" through you guys in Canada chasing big bruiser bucks. My family faced some crazy times in the last couples of years when my wife had twins 3 months early. I've spent more time in the hospital and it's parking garage than I care to remember.

I will say this--- things that matter really jump out to you when something serious hits. You might be facing your life's biggest hurdle. I don't want to preach at you, but God is close by. Jesus came in the flesh to suffer so he could identify with us in our weakness. Talk to him.

Live like you were dying--- breathe in the air and know lots of people are praying for you.

Spring Tom
Old 09-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

JD, I am speechless[]. Just know that your in our prayers and wishing/praying for a good prognosis/diagnosis &successful treatment.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Typical Buck

JD
My heart goes out to you and your wife and kids,all I know I can do is pray daily for you and your family. That I will promise my friend and I'll also get my prayer group to include you in our prayers weekly till it's gone. God bless bud and like I said if your ever up here in Edmonton give me a call and we can get out for a couple hours for an evening hunt if you like. Keep us in tune and with what's happening my friend.
Rocky
Old 09-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guy's, I've been overwhelmed by the support from friends & family. Pretty amazing how I've never even met you guy's, yet you all have such great hearts! It's times like this I see what effect people can have. It's starting to sink in and i'm ready to deal with the battle to come. Hell I may evenhead out Sat. morning to prove mind over matter, I'm still in decent shape (minus the balance) so why not do what I love while I'm able! So once again, I appreciate the kind words and don't stop the prayers (lord knows I can use alot of those). Let's get away from the sadness and focuson what this thread is for, what we all love...HUNTING!!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang it Jd, I don;t know what to say? Hang in there buddy. I just relocated here in alberta myself due to my wife's health issues since she's a canadian. It does change the way you look at life no doubt. Take care and keep us posted please.

Bobby
Old 09-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Wow... []I really don't know what to say JD other than good luck and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted here, I wish you the best.

Nathan and Heather.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I'm still waiting to see a Neurologist but I'm feeling better than I have the last few weeks. I decided to go for a morning bow hunt on Saturday since it was my birthday and I figured what better way to spend it. Needless to say I had a 5x5 elk at 30yds and my buddy screwed up my shot. He & I were talking about our next move when a Bull comes out from behind him at 30 yds. I tell him not to move a muscle, I draw an wait for him to take 5 more steps. Well my bud wants to see so he turns, scrapes a branch on the ground and it bolts!! He felt very bad so what could I do. Good times & story is how I look at it. Anyhow, here's some pics.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.