Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2008 Canadian Whitetails >

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 12-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2007 Canadian Whitetails

Bobby, congrats to your bud and his boy. You living fulltime in AB now?? Ah yes next year...hopefully it will be good one but with the looks of another hard winter, I must say I am worried about the deer herd here in Sask. Stories abound onhow bad it was this year. To the North already over 2 ft of snow []!

Shed,only 6x6 I have shot was an elk.... It is a dream of mine along the same line as a droptine stud or a 3rd beam. As far as score I personally think a 150 is a fine specimen of a whitetail and don't know to many sask "horn" hunters who lay off 160 class deer either. I being one of them, well unless I have a deer in my haunt that I sort of have a feel for (patterned not a ghost - here today gone forever buck) and I just have to get after him. A 180 is a big deal, it doesn't happen often. I am extremely happy/thankful that I was lucky enough to get an opportunity this year and made good on it. I certainly don't expect the same next year, though wouldn't be hunting unless I hoped and tried for a repeat.

Best of luck on your hunts remaining and please keep us posted.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:06 PM

Picked up the 1st bone of the year yesterday in the yard. The bucks are coming into eat quite frequently now, about 6 or 7 different ones. Nobig guysbut nice to see some potential for the years to come. Anyways here are the pics i took yesterday out of the kitchen window.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Hiawatha/IMG_0154.jpg/image]

Old 12-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not full time Skeet, at least not yet, but due to the wife being a canadian and her health issues I'm spending quite a bit a time here and applied for landed immagrant status last year and I should be a dually anytime now and hopefully I can hunt some of these Alberta white tails. I joined an archery club here and gettin to know some good ole homeboys and have even gone in the bush accompany them and doing some elk calling this past season. It seems like there is no difference from one side of the Rockies to the other. I'm having fun as long as I can stay in the woods, its just problematic on my part adjusting to parts of the concret jungle and the metric/celuis difference along with some of the terms that I'm not familiar with, but all in time.

Bobby
Old 12-15-2007, 09:41 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

Hia, do they typically start to shed this early up there?
Old 12-16-2007, 09:35 AM

No not usually but the last 2 years have started reeeaallly early. Above average snowfall and cold temps the cause most likely.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

nice to see the sheds already dropping!

Congrats to EVERYONE on here - some super great deer taken this year!

Skeeter I was hunting in Leader - and yes all 10 bucks were out of province hunters...

I cant get over your and Terrances pigs!

Saskabusk nice buck as well man!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Spike

Awesome deer taken this year guys!!! Myself....Mr.Big and I did not co-ordinate our meetings and when I did see him....he was antlerless...damn cold weather lol...I did arrow a nice 10 point with my father 2nd last weekend, somb1ch decided to knock half his rack off on his descent down the ridge....and -28C...digi cam = poop... Saw a ton of potential bucks for next year , headed out this weekend for some bone...HOPEfully it doesnt snow. And NO I did not out do my brothers buck this year lol ( for those emails i got askin if I did )...In his own words....I would rather be lucky than good any day. Soon he will know what its like to eat some tag soup...afterall...he did drop off a nice bag of onions and taters for me ( jerk) course....I got the last word in ....he's mooseless this year and I have a nice freezer full.
Merry Christmas and the best of the season to all of you and your families
Reese

Old 12-18-2007, 08:21 AM

Good to see you again Reese!

Here's the buck I shot in SK the end of November. Talk about brutally cold!!! I LOVED IT!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dan, that's a great Canadian buck! Congrats.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:49 AM

Well i finally did it. I needed a Christmas holiday project so i finally mounted some bucks racks for the garage. I also did a european mount of my archery buck from this year.

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.