2008 Canadian Whitetails >

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 10-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2007 Canadian Whitetails

Great deer Shed33! Quite an accomplishment to get one that you've been after for so long. Congrats!

Nice birds JD! Are you heading north for whitetails again this year?

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

Saskabush, FYI WMZ29 has been removed from the CWD Eradication Program.
Thank you Skeeter, for starting my day off with good news!

I just found out last night that that I might make it home this year after all. Because of the way our season dates line up, the week I'll be guiding ended up the 18-24th instead of 25-30th as i'd originally thought.

If I can knock a deer down here in Alberta before the 18th i might just head home to the pumpkin patch for a week.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job Troy. I'll be hunting till the end of Nov. and hope to pop one like that. Very nice.

Bobby
Old 10-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sask, Skeet, thanks.. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season. I always peek in here to see what you guys are putting on the ground..Yup skeet, same here.. bucks are really starting to lay down some sign, bangin heads hard this past few weeks, weather is turning cold and it wont be long till this deer season really starts to get interesting...

Bobby, I thought you guys were moving back to Alberta??? You still over in Montana ?? nevertheless, good luck hunting..get me up to speed when you have a few..

got a couple of whitetail tags leftto fill myself (heading to ND in late DEC for one whitey) and 1 elk tag too here in Idaho.. looking forward to the next 2.5 months..

Take care guys

Old 10-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

great story Shed...very well written!! It sounds like you'll have memories to savour for a lifetime. Can't wait to see pics of the mount.
Sask...yup we are slated to head upNov. 12-17, hopefully the weather is right. I could change my plans if you have a 150+ tied up for me thoughHow about you...any luck with whitetails yet?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

JD,

Whitetails are about par for the course so far. Plenty of does and fawns with the odd 140 or 150sh buck thrown in for sh*ts and giggles. I haven't seen anything huge yet but I think I spotted a potential candidate last night. It was pretty dark and he was walking away into a field so it's hard to say but the frame looked good. Right now i'm waiting on permission for a prime spot. It's one of the places where I found a bunch of sheds last winter. There's 50+ deer there every night, it's just a matter of getting the green light.

I'm probably heading down to the High Prairie area this weekend, we'll see how that goes.

The door's alway open here. Otherwise, good luck up north!

N.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Troy, I'm in Lethbridge at the moment but heading back to Mt. next weekend and hunt till the end of nov. I joined the Southern Albertas Bowhunters Ass. and they have a heck of a great range to keep me tuned. Met some great folks here and went over near the Beaver Mines on the east slope of the Rockies and did some elk calling for a friend last week. We were in wmu 400 which borders Waterton and Glacier so its kinda like hunting my back yard in Mt., seems like the same ole rugged terrain where nothing is flat and you earn what you get. I'm holding out for a 160 or a 170 whitetail but I'll probaly shoot a dink the last weekend just to fill my meat tag. I'm not near as choosey on my elk though. Take care and stay in touch.

Bobby
Old 10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

JD, that's the week I'll be hunting the Bow Zone. Should be prime time, especially with the cold temps, and from what Accu-Weather Canada ( I love my computer) says, some snow as well. You have snow on the ground now, don't you? I only have 17 days to go. I live for this stuff, and I'm PUMPED!Good luck to everybody.
Oh yea, is anyone familure with the Seba Beach area? It's a little west of Stony Plain, where I hunted the last 2 years. That's where I'll be hunting. Still big rolling farm land?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Early

No snow on the ground as of yet and none in the forcast etheir. Was 75 degrees yesterday and today a cold front is blowing in. Bucks are still in batchlor groups as of yesterday. Had a 160 and 2 140's ,a spike and a doe together around me for an hour grazing at 9am till 10. Couldn't get a shot at the 160 buck or else I would have .I need some meat. Oh yeah let me know when your flight comes in and I'll meet you at the airport for coffee .Hopefully we can hook up this time.
Rocky
Old 10-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

Well it was 21 deg C on my drive home from work last night and by the time I laid my head on the pillow at 11 there was a Blizzard outside[:'(]Only in Alberta!! Sounds like it'll warm up though. early, don't even think of checking the weather till you head out in the morning. we have a saying here about the weather men but it's best left unsaid on this forum. I'm hoping for decent temps (-5 to -15) and some snow to track. Other than that I'm just hoping fora big buck to be following a doe and pass my sights. Good luck on the Bowhunt!!
Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 AM

Hey guys, hope all is well with all of you. Not much shakin here at this end. Haven't been home in a few weeks and i also found out this week that i do not get a day off around remembrance day. So if i were to go home and hunt it would only be saturday. With those limits i do not expect much this year at all. Hopefully get home one day and take a few does and hunt for a nice buck, don't gettem eat the tag. Kind of depressing as this will be the least i have ever hunted but will never be like this again so i have to suck it up. Good luck to all of you.

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.